Steinberg recently released Nuendo Live 2, a new version of the multitrack live recording system.
Conceived, designed and developed to record live events ranging from corporate keynote presentations to large music festivals, Nuendo Live 2 not only provides the necessary capabilities to deal with every live recording situation, but has that much more to offer with its automated background processes, high-visibility monitoring, its pre-record buffer option and compatibility with Nuendo for post-production.
The Meter View is one of the latest additions to Nuendo Live, allowing one to oversee all the recording session's levels over the entire display, showing 32, 64, 96, 128 or 160 meters at once. The Track View feature has been enhanced to display the meter bridge on the bottom of the screen, with up to 64 tracks. When more channels are required, the meter or track count is divided into banks that can be accessed instantaneously by mouse click or key command.
Recording management is another highlight of Nuendo Live 2. The folder structure is generated automatically inside the project folder, but provides sufficient flexibility to create folder paths for recording outside the project folder. Another useful tool is that file numbering is not restricted to one folder. When files are recorded and saved to different folders, the chronological increment remains intact.
Nuendo Live seamlessly integrates with Yamaha CL and QL series digital mixing consoles. Once connected, Nuendo Live is controlled directly from the mixer's touchscreen, including transport controls, channel name copy and marker set.
Marketing Manager Luis Dongo commented: "If you're recording anything in a live situation, everything needs to go fast, it all needs to run smoothly, and of course you want to be able to rely one hundred percent on the software in use."
Features at a glance:
- Advanced live recording system featuring straightforward single-window operation, record panel, pre-record buffer and more.
- Seamless integration with Yamaha CL and QL series mixing consoles for controlling essential Nuendo Live functions direct from the mixer.
- State-of-the-art recording quality, based on Steinberg's audio engine, with 32-bit floating-point processing and up to 192 kHz resolution makes your recording stand out from the competition.
- Nuendo Live Record Panel with Meter View and Track View shows all essential information at once, creating confidence in demanding live situations.
- Advanced Session Management with auto-naming of recorded files, multiple folder creation, easy-to-use marker track, auto-save and notepad.
- Minimal setup time, thanks to automatic track creation function which makes Nuendo Live record-ready in less than a minute.
- 24+ hours recording time thanks to EBU-compliant RIFF 64 broadcast wave format in standard recording mode.
- Virtual Sound Check allows for easy use of previous recordings for sound check, including marker recall and 1:1 output.
- Deliver with confidence thanks to standardized rendering formats and Nuendo compatibility for post-production.
- Editing on the road: Nuendo Live includes essential editing functions, making it possible to create a basic edit straight after the show.
Availability and pricing
Nuendo Live 2 is available as downloadable full retail version and update through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price for Nuendo Live 2 is 199 euros and its update from the first version is available for 39.99 euros, both including German VAT.
Customers who have purchased a download version of Nuendo Live since August 15, 2018, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest version.