Toontrack has released the Legacy of Rock SDX, a sound library expansion for Superior Drummer 3 recorded by legendary engineer/producer Eddie Kramer. This marks the sixth SDX release since the launch of Superior Drummer 3.
Here's what they say:
Not many can say that they were there when it happened. Eddie Kramer has been right smack center of it as it happened, making it happen and shaping its very essence with his bare hands for five decades and counting. We're talking about rock – the sound of rock and the deafening impact the craft of engineering, producing and mixing it right has on how it ends up echoing through history. Meet audio visionary Eddie Kramer, the uncrowned king who shaped the sound of the legends that became immortal icons of rock and who in the process became a royalty of rock himself. This is his collection of drums and a true homage to classic rock as we know it.
The Legacy of Rock SDX zones in on Eddie's formative years in the buzzing sixties London scene and continues on through the seventies. It includes five drum kits, each sourced and tailored to mirror a significant era or sound in Kramer's remarkable career. All drums were recorded in Kramer's studio of choice, Studio 1 at AIR in London, and captured through signal chains of vintage microphones as well as handpicked, rare and custom equipment scouted specifically for these sessions.
These drums rock. Take it from the man who only in the first two decades of his career managed to work with The Rolling Stones and The Beatles, record the entire Jimi Hendrix catalog, capture several of Led Zeppelin's most pioneering albums and man the board as the original Woodstock festival was caught on tape. Welcome to a bona fide treasure chest of drum sounds – ready for you to hone, mold and shape to make your own dent in rock history with.
- Recorded by legendary engineer/producer/mixer Eddie Kramer in Studio 1 at AIR in London, UK.
- Five full kits, all tailored after a significant era or sound in Eddie Kramer's career.
- Three extra kicks, six snares and a wide variety of cymbals.
- Includes two timpani and 36" and 60" gongs.
- Select kits include brushes, mallets and hand/finger samples.
- Recorded with an additional five room microphones for playback in stereo or up to 5.1 systems.
- Custom presets engineered by Eddie Kramer.
- Includes a selection of drum MIDI inspired by classic songs from Eddie's discography.