u-he has released Presswerk for Mac OS X and Windows. Presswerk is a dynamics processor toolkit with a rich feature set and hands-on interface designed to be suitable for a variety of sound-shaping tasks.
Presswerk takes elements from different styles of compression and combines them into one interface allowing users to choose how to use Presswerk.
- 3 different detection topologies: feed-forward, feed-back and interactive (mix of FF and FB).
- Dual channel (stereo) or two independent channels.
- M/S (Mid-Side) mode - for more detailed stereo processing and delicate mastering tasks.
- DPR (Dual Phase Rotation) mode - creates an emulation of classic outboard gear phase response by rotating lower and mid frequencies at input and output stages.
- Adjustable Non Linear control - simulates the behaviour of specific compressors or gain-reduction circuits.
- Sidechain ready with 6 / 12 dB high pass & low pass filters.
- Pre or post compression stage saturation with variable "warmth" (tilt filter style) and "dynamics" to model the distortion behaviour of the FET-based voltage dividers from classic devices.
- Presets for common compression tasks (e.g. mixdown, ducking, vocals).
- User interface zooms in 10% steps.
- 32 & 64-bit VST, AU, AAX.
- and more...
Price: $129 (plus VAT in EU), but is available now for $89 (30% off) until December 31st, 2014.
Presswerk is available for purchase / demo at u-he.com