Vember Audio has released version 1.2 of Surge, including the first release for Mac OS X, delivered as a Universal Binary for both the Audio Units and VSTi formats. On Windows it is available as a VSTi in both 32 and 64-bit (x64) varieties.
- Improved filter algorithms. Carefully crafted to provide dependable self-oscillation and a musical sound.
- Updated Graphical User Interface with a fresh new look.
- A wider selection of preset patches (914).
- Mac OS X support (Universal Binary).
- Keyboard input issues resolved.
- Simplified automation mode when using Ableton Live to get around their 128-parameter limit.
- Pre-VST2.4 host issues resolved.
- Patch menu improvements (3 sections).
- Revised manual.
Surge is now available for €120 (+VAT for EU residents). The v1.2.0 update is free for registered users.