VirSyn has announced the release of Matrix - The Voice Coder, "The Vocoder for the 21st century".
What makes Matrix different to the vocoders in the past?
- Precise analog modelling 8-pole filters and extremely fast envelope followers for unprecedented resynthesis quality.
- New voiced/unvoiced detection and pitch extraction algorithms for high intelligibility.
- Stereophonic synthesis filter bank preserves the spatial characteristic of the replacement signal.
- Easy to use interface.
- Latency free operation.
- 32 channel filter bank.
- Stereophonic synthesis.
- Voiced/unvoiced detection.
- Pitch tracking.
- Formant shift.
- Pause filling.
- Channel matrix.
- Pan position and level for each channel.
- 16 internal oscillators.
- Easy user interface.
Matrix is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST 2.4, Audio Unit and RTAS plug-in formats.
Until January 31st, 2008 you can buy Matrix for the special introductory price of €129 (instead of €199). A fully functional/time limited demo version is available (a Syncrosoft Dongle is needed).