vvvv group has released beta 23 of vvvv v4.0.
- Fixed: newly created nodes are now selected.
- Fixed texture size types to Int (was double). Only FileTexture still uses double. Values between 0..1 are treated as values relative to the image size in file.
- New option "Paste Within Context" connects pasted nodes to those upward nodes, that were connected with the copied nodes. Easy to use, hard to explain.
- Major GUI improvements for moving nodes.
- CTRL-Y is now able to reset links.
- Win7 fixes: vvvv now shows up in ALT-TAB list and allows its windows to autosize when being dragged to screenborders.
- Doubleclick in a patch to create a node followed by '.' now shows accessible .v4ps again.
- Rightclicknodelist now shows up correctly even if taskbar not at bottom.
- String2Enum, Enum2String.
- NormalsAndDepth.fx writes screen space normals and depth of a scene into a texture.
- Find (String) had problems with nil on its inputs.
- Some XFile bug fixed.
- Writer (File) copes again with relative filenames.
- RandomSpread (Spreads) no longer acts like a saw tooth generator.
- LFO (Animation) and LFO (Differential) freeze on Zero Period.
- OSCDecoder (Network): had problems with unpacking cascaded bundles.
- Copier (File) now also copies files that are currently in use.
- VertexBuffer (Join): fixes for BlendWeight and BlendIndex inputs.
- CountIndices (Spreads) bug fix.
- Switch fix.
- VideoTexture (EX9.Texture VMR9), VideoTexture (EX9.Texture VMR9 YUVMixingMode), VideoOut (DShow9) have a new output named Pixel Aspect.
- Ord2Enum has new output: EnumName.
- Fiducial (FreeFrame DShow9): renamed ID output to "Fiducial ID".
- DetectObject (FreeFrame DShow9): renamed ID output to "Object ID".
- Contour (FreeFrame DShow9): got new input "Show Filtered".
- Contour (FreeFrame DShow9): got new inputs "Show Filtered" and "Reload Mask".
- DynamicTexture (EX9.Texture String) is now spreadable.
- DynamicTexture (EX9.Texture Value) is now spreadable.
- DynamicTexture (EX9.Texture Color) is now spreadable.
- QRCodeTexture (EX9.Texture) is now spreadable.
- MainLoop (VVVV) got a new input: "Improve Timing Precision" which sets the windows timer to max resolution and uses a much more precise frame rate limiting.
- Keyboard (System Global) has a new "Keyboard Spread" output and has the "KeyCode" output now spread.
- Change (String) got an additional pin "Bang On Create".
- Plug-ins support new pins: TextureOutput, RenderStateInput, SamplerStateInput.
- The DimensionNames argument on the CreateValuePin methods finally works (beware: this may break links to pins that already used those).
- Plug-ins that save data in their own inputs don't contribute to the undo buffer anymore.
- Bug fix: IEnumOut inherited IPluginIn instead of IPluginOut.