vvvv group has announced the release of v4.0 beta 17 of vvvv, a toolkit for real time video synthesis for Windows, adding VST instrument and effect support in the process.
vvvv is designed to facilitate the handling of large media environments with physical interfaces, real-time motion graphics, audio and video that can interact with many users simultaneously.
vvvv uses a visual programming interface. Therefore it provides a graphical programming language for easy prototyping and development.
vvvv is real time. where many other languages have distinct modes for building and running programs, vvvv only has one mode - runtime.
Main feature summary:
- Effortless handling of multiple Objects with Spreads.
- Seamless Multi-Projection Setups with Boygrouping.
- DirectX based 3d Rendering.
- Loading 3d Models.
- Texturing 3d Models with Motion Graphics and Video.
- Real-time Shader Programming.
- Real-time Physics Simulations.
- Real-time Video Analysis.
- Audio capabilities.
- Interfacing with a wide variety of external devices and protocols.
vvvv is free for non-commercial use. Commercial use requires a license.