Waves Audio has introduced the Bass Fingers plugin, an addition to its expanding line of virtual instruments. Bass Fingers is designed to be a detailed and nuanced finger-style bass virtual instrument.
They say: "You can lay down authentic and realistic-sounding basslines with the personality of a seasoned bass player—intuitively on your keyboard.
Waves' Bass Fingers translates your MIDI input into basslines full of character and personality, giving you the same mechanics, variations and dynamics that a seasoned bass player creates naturally across the fretboard. Designed, recorded and edited by highly regarded bass player Or Lubianiker (Marty Friedman, Gus G, Bumblefoot), Bass Fingers is an ultra-natural-sounding, high-performance virtual instrument with an extensive range of articulation and control over your sound—from open string sustain, natural legatos, release and decays, to realistic percussive playing, slides, mechanical noises, and other natural playing effects."
Bass Fingers features an extensive sample library that contains 14GB of hand-crafted bass samples.
Other features include:
- The most nuanced fingerstyle bass sample library ever created.
- 8 velocity layers and 6 round robins for every sampled note.
- Full 5-string articulation: natural hammer-ons and pull-offs, release and decays, sampled slides, percussive playing & more.
- 21 interactive playing positions with an intelligent adaptive fretboard.
- Automatic string switching.
- Customizable Keyswitch Editor for modifiers and additional bass SFX samples.
- Built-in studio-quality effects.
- Plugin or standalone instrument.
- NKS-ready for NI Komplete Kontrol and Maschine.
Price: $69 - It is on sale for $49.