Woodman's Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio releases "WoodTroller 1.0" - Mac and iOS MPE keyboard and MIDI controller
Woodman's Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio has released WoodTroller v1.0, a brand new app/AUv3 plugin. Here's what they say:
No, WoodTroller is NOT an app to annoy people.
It's an MPE multi touch bar keyboard and MIDI macro controller:
The MPE touch bar supports multiple notes (on iPad) with individual pitch shift (horizontal movement), pressure and CC74 (vertical movement).
Number of notes visible, center note and pitch end values for MPE and non-MPE can be user set.
8 general purpose rotary controls:
- Each can send 6 different CC messages to different channels.
- Each of the 6 command values can be mapped differently to the full rotary range.
- So 1 rotary can control several parameters on the same or on different instruments.
- Rotary names, colour, unit, range can all be user set.
8 general purpose on-off or push buttons:
- Each button can send up to 8 different MIDI commands (CC, PC, NoteOn, ...) to different channels.
- This allows to quickly switch multiple MIDI instruments or devices to another program or to other settings.
- Each MIDI command's data value can be auto incremented/decremented.
- All button names, colour, type can be user set.
All settings can be stored in presets in iCloud which yield automatic preset syncing between several WoodTrollers on different devices.
WoodTroller is available as stand-alone app and as AUv3 plugin, mainly meant for iPad but also runs on MacOS (single touch).