Yellow tools has released a powerful free version of Independence - the sampler workstation. Independence Free 2.0 is based on the new Independence 2.0 engine, which will also be released this month.
Independence Free 2.0 comes with all the powerful features of the Independence Sampler version 2.0 - apart from the ability to import audio files. The intuitive user interface, the powerful file management, an ultra fast streaming integration, the Auto-RAM-Cleaner, the unique browser page with information batch tool and drag'n'drop support and Multi-Core support allow you to load an unlimited number of instruments in seconds.
Independence Free 2.0 comes with a 2 GB sound library of selected premium instruments from the Independence 2.0 Core Library, including Acoustic & Electronic Drum Kits, Acoustic & Electric Basses, Acoustic & Electric Guitars, Electric Pianos, Synthesizers, Ethno & Tonal Percussion, World Percussion, Pipe Organ, Arpeggiator, Groove Instruments, Arranger and Step Sequencer patches.
Here are some of the Independence Free 2.0 features and improvements that will also be available in Independence 2.0:
- Completely re-designed and improved audio engine.
- "Multi Core support" for up to 8 cores.
- New standalone versions for Mac OS X (PPC and Intel-Macs), Windows XP and Windows Vista with multi audio interface support for up to 64 mono and 64 stereo outputs.
- New "Browser" page including sophisticated search functions for Projects, Layer Sets, Layers, Sections, MIDI files and Audio files. Search options for attributes like name, date, category, keywords, last modified, user notes, author name, notes, bars, BPM, meter, path, size, channels, bit rate, sample rate, type. Customizable file display with scalable columns and information batch option.
- Extended surround support with new formats up to 8.1.
- Redesigned and improved Origami Impulse Response processor engine incl. surround support up to 8.1.
- New impulse response content incl. surround impulse response files.
- Sharing of user interface graphics and computer RAM usage for multiple Independence instances that are used simultaneously.
- Improved Arranger with "auto chord harmonizer" option.
- New Modifier module "Time Modulator" for unique note-off management.
- Drag'n'drop support for MIDI files.
- Extended sync modes.
- Extended surround panner (radius parameter, new panner display, surround balancer).
- LFE Creator option for LFE filter.
- Extended Layer searcher.
- Scroll bar support via mouse wheel.
- New alpha channel view for controller x-blend option.
- Separate editing option for groups in the mixer.
- Improved workflow, performance and stability.
- 2 GB premium sound library.
- Windows Vista compatible.
- Over 40 other new features, fixes and improvements.
Independence Free is available as a free download after registration. In a few weeks there will also be Independence Free DVDs available at your local authorized yellow tools reseller and at yellow tools directly.
You can use Independence Free for commercial use without any restrictions and save all your Projects, Layer Sets, Layers and presets. Independence Free is not connected to the yellow tools Authorization Key, so you do not have to purchase anything to get started.
Some additional info / FAQs:
- This is a full version - not a demo or tryout.
- No yellow tools Authorization Key required.
- Besides audio file import all Independence software features are enabled.
- No time or save restrictions.
- Commercial use is allowed.
- For Mac OS X (Universal Binary), Windows XP and Windows Vista.