Yellow tools has announced the release of Independence version 1.5.0, a major update for the software sampler workstation. This update is FREE for all registered users.
For Windows there is a totally new standalone version (Mac will follow soon) and the Mac OS X version is now also compatible with Intel-Macs. In addition, the second Independence software extension - the Pro Surround Extension - is included in the update.
Version 1.5 contains new instrument Layers for the sophisticated MIDI file player engine "Arranger" with automatic chord recognition. Also new are three powerful modelers: The Mic Modeler, the Cabinet Modeler and the Preamp Modeler. Beside many more features, the performance of Independence's basic technology "A.I.T." (Advanced Instrument Technology) has been improved.
Independence v1.5.0 highlights:
- New Windows standalone version: up to 32 MIDI ports (virtual and/or physical), up to 512 MIDI channels simultaneously, up to 64 Mono outputs, up to 64 Stereo outputs, support of multiple audio interfaces simultaneously.
- Universal Binary support for Intel-Macs.
- Pro Surround Environment: support all professional surround formats, like Pro Logic, Dolby Surround, Dolby Digital, DTS, ITU, SDDS and many more up to 7.1.
- Origami: "Origami" even manages "true stereo" and "true surround" processing up to SDDS 7.1 (up to 64 separate channels per interleaved audio file).
- New Internal Modifier "Arranger": Intelligent MIDI File Player with automatic chord recognition.
- New Insert Filters & Effects: Mic Modeler, Amp Modeler, Cabinet Modeler, Channel Manager, Calibration, Metronome, LFE Filter, Satellites HP Filter, Surround Panner, Reference Tone.
- Expanded MIDI Groove Player: "note filter", "play range", scale velocity", 3 randomizers "time", "velocity" and "note".
- New Quick Edit page: with basic volume, panorama, pitch, EQ Color, Filter Area, Effect Area.
- New Help page: PDF files and online links.
- Over 250 Instrument Icons.
- New Layer Channel Display.
- New Controller Option for Modifiers.
- Enhanced audio file browser display with number of channels, bit rate and sample rate of each audio file.
- Improved workflow, performance and stability.
- Over 70 other new features, fixes and improvements.
- Interfaces: VST, Audio Units (Mac), RTAS, standalone (Windows).
Detailed information about all features of Independence 1.5.0 can be found on the Independence product pages.
Shortly after Musikmesse (beginning of April) free updates to the new Independence Instruments Culture, Candy and Majestic will be available for all registered users.