Power up your underscores with these orchestral textures and instruments
By The Article Master on
Dark textures, organic rhythms and evolving soundscapes. These instruments and sample libraries are the perfect companions to your underscores.
Cello Textures is the second installment in the 'non-static string' series. Utilising Emergence Audio's Infinite Motion Engine and Non-Static Sampling, Cello Textures integrates emotion and synth programming all in one easy to use interface.
Emergence Audio brought in world-renowned cellist Mariko Muranaka to bring this concept to life, and the results are beautiful. The intuitive Infinite Motion Engine and Non-Static Sampling process allows you to blend and sculpt expressive sonic landscapes in new and unique ways that never feel static. Create pads, textures, soundscapes, drones and pulses for a wide range of genres including film, television and game scoring, contemporary era music, neo-classical music, ambient music, drone music, sound design, trailer music, new age/meditation music, and much more.
Cello Textures is powered by the free Kontakt Player 6.7 or later. Fully compatible with Native Instruments hardware.
- 3.33 GB of source material.
- Infinite Motion Engine.
- Non-Static Sampling.
- 17 traditional but uniquely performed articulations.
- 120 presets designed by founder Michael Vignola.
- 100+ parameters to customize your own sound.
- 5 curated preset categories.
- Convolution reverb with 50+ top-shelf impulse responses.
- 10 effects and randomizer.
- Evolving organic soundscapes and pads.
- 24-bit 48kHz samples.
- MIDI learn/automation for all controls.
- Kontakt Player included.
- Free updates for Infinity.
TIME micro continues the quest of its partner collection, TIME macro, to unravel the riddles of time and sound. Like its predecessor, TIME micro offers an orchestra and choir that seemingly dislocate the passing of time. But as the name suggests, all the sounds here are softer... quieter... more delicate and ethereal.
This is the sound of small ensembles and solo instruments playing with the utmost restraint and precision. Here too, the focus is on sustains that move and shift, with a wide range of articulations and complex 'Chrono Structures'. Exercising the power of the understatement, this is a secret weapon for underscoring, sound design, and all kinds of modern music production.
TIME micro gives you 14 separate 3-piece ensembles, solo instruments, and small choirs to work with–all playing softly, from airy woodwind tones, harmonic waves, and flourishes to stuttering staccato performances and barely audible ultra-soft string bowings. Rather than standard instruments, you'll find lower or softer alternatives: Basset horn instead of clarinet, flugelhorn/cornet instead of trumpet, and alto flute/bass flute instead of standard flute. All perform soft, undulating sustains, advanced articulations, and dynamic gestures, so you can layer sounds easily.
- SINE version: Works with Orchestral Tools' SINE Player—NOTE: Very latest version required.
- 114 GB of samples (45 GB SINEarc compressed).
- 24-bit / 48 kHz patches.
- Interfaces: VST, AU, AAX.
SEQUIS combines a deep library of meticulously recorded samples with an intuitive sequencing engine, uniting rhythm and melody to infuse your productions with a richly organic, pulsing momentum. Whether you're scoring otherworldly sci-fi films or crafting deep, dark, dancefloor moments, SEQUIS gives you total freedom to explore new sonic pastures.
SEQUIS delivers an artfully compiled ensemble of acoustic samples that includes guitars, classical strings, flutes, percussion, and even human voices. The instruments were all recorded using a variety of imaginative playing styles to create an inspiring medley of articulations — trills, ghost notes, flutters, ricochets, and echoes that are woven together with the in-built step sequencer to form new musical constellations.
- Quickly create looping melodies, dynamic pads, and rhythmic patterns
- Draw from a rich palette of sounds that can be tailored with creative editing controls
- Developed in collaboration with innovative instrument design studio Orchestral Tools
- 4.3 GB (about tbc 7.3 GB uncompressed sample pool)
- 400 presets covering motions, textures, acoustic patterns, phrased timbres
Augmented STRINGS combines rich sampled strings with state-of-the-art synthesis in an approachable, inspiring software instrument, giving modern producers immediate access to a comprehensive range of authentic, abstract, and evocative string sounds.The hybrid palette unlocks the truly exciting and unique power that strings can bring to your projects. This isn't just a selection of string samples; these are traditional instruments transformed into sounds unlike anything you've ever heard.
Experiment with 2 layers, each containing 2 sound sources, and weave your own custom combination of sampling and synthesis for a string sound that transcends the real thing. Immersive, orchestral, cinematic, and everything in between. With over 60 articulations, multiple mic setups, solo & ensemble performances, 4 types of synthesis, and built-in FX, explore a near-limitless spectrum of modern string textures and timbres for any style.
- 2 Layers within each preset; each layer contains 2 customizable sound sources.
- Detailed string sample library.
- Featuring solo and ensemble strings.
- Double bass, cello, viola, and violin.
- Close and Far Mics.
- Over 60 articulations.
- Virtual analog engine
- Granular engine producing Warp, glitch and stretch sounds.
- Harmonic engine based on additive synthesis.
- Wavetable engine with look up table for more abrasive digital sounds.
- Dedicated Delay and Reverb sends with 5 spatial/time-based algorithms.
- Over 250 factory presets included.
- MPE compatibility.
Bioscape, Found Sound Cinematics
Field recordings merge together in a sonic kaleidoscope of found sound cinematics – from underscoring pads to drones, pulses and textures. Bioscape is a 4.5GB Kontakt instrument that is based on field recordings and found sounds to create musical content, this gives you an unpolished, raw and organic dimension to your production and is particularly suitable for game and filmscore composers, but works extremely well with ambient music, music concréte, sound healing, music therapy or as a standalone experimental instrument.
Bioscape is made for and licensed to the free Kontakt Player so you do not need the full version of Kontakt to play Bioscape. It is fully NKS compatible and supports drag & drop, so you can use your own sounds and samples.
Analog Strings is a virtual instrument for the modern music maker. All about crafting and performing string sounds that are insanely unique and cutting-edge, tones can be created by blending two deeply sampled orchestras, vintage synths and unconventional sound design. Add in advanced modulation routing, dual tape loopers, dual arpeggiators, flux and macro control and Analog Strings gives music creators an entirely new world of sound.
Analog Strings Features:
- A playable instrument with 500 presets.
- 39 GB sound library (20 GB compressed).
- Syncs to tempo.
- Powerful dual-layer engine.
- Preset menu with smart tagging.
- Layer FX and global FX.
- 4 central macro sliders unique to each preset.
- Dual arpeggiators.
- Built-in help menu.
Modern string ensemble textures with a sound design twist. Hans Zimmer contributed his string recordings that he has amassed over decades for use in STRIIIINGS. The musical phrases are recorded at one of the world's leading scoring stages by some of the world's best instrumentalists. STRIIIINGS is also not just a collection of static loops, it's actual recordings of a leading symphonic orchestra that follow your musical lead through proprietary UJAM technology.
- Play world-class string section phrases, no string arrangement skills required.
- Brand-new creative performance and sound design engine by UJAM.
- 60 playing styles, more than 200 sound designer presets.
- Recorded at Hans Zimmer's Remote Control Studios, produced by Boris Salchow.
UVI Augmented Orchestra pushes deep into the creative world of hybrid instrument design, carving out new realms of twisted symphonic technique and and soundscapes. With an exclusive library of new material, showcasing over 400 expertly played and immaculately designed instrument layers and hundreds of professionally hand-crafted presets to explore, Augmented Orchestra is an expansive sonic playground ready to inspire with unique and imaginative sounds.
UVI Augmented Orchestra allows you to create incredible sonic motifs with a versatile multi-part architecture, letting you weave between 4 deeply customizable instrument layers. Utilize rich modulation, innovative arpeggiators, and powerful effects to create dynamic and moving sequences, pads, chords, melodies and more. From rich, morphing soundbeds to classic orchestral duties and everywhere in between, Augmented Orchestra is a powerful, inspirational and easy to master library for musicians of any background.
- Multi-part architecture with 400+ exclusive acoustic and electronic sources.
- Deep instrument design, powerful modulation, and creative arps.
- Explore hundreds of custom presets and create your own.
Journey to the Darkside...
With its vast world of evocative moods and brooding textures, Undercurrent is the quintessential tool for dark electronic music production. Highly playable and customizable, you'll find truly endless creative possibilities. These remarkable sounds and highly versatile effects are an indispensable palette for any forward-thinking composer/producer.
- A dark masterpiece by Ignacio Longo, top Spectrasonics designer.
- Exclusive new "Under Fire" saturator/comp/EQ effect.
- Exclusive new "Under Echo" pitch-shifted ambience effect.
- Over 2,000 sounds in eleven different categories.
- Powerful Custom Controls for creative sound manipulation.
- Over 300 extraordinary new Soundsources (over 7GB).
- Innovative Modular Multisampling – unique timbre/gesture per-key.
- Easily transform evocative sounds into pulsing rhythms.
- Ominous sounds recorded in Secret Underground Tunnels.
- Vast range, from moody ambience to extremely intense.
- Requires Omnisphere 2.8 or higher.
A modern string orchestra imitating classic synth sounds, from the mind of Grammy-nominated composer, electronic music pioneer Brian Transeau, AKA BT. Polaris is a mesmerising aural innovation which tastefully pairs the worlds of synthesis and orchestra, an encyclopaedia of new and inspiring sounds with almost endless possibilities, perfect for taking your scores into the future.
Multi-layers of complex yet accessible string orchestral recordings – resampled using an array of classic and rare synthesisers (Fairlight, EMU E-II and more) – has been specifically orchestrated to emulate electronic music production techniques. This sophisticated and eclectic sound library, performed by London's top tier contemporary players at renowned AIR Lyndhurst Hall, captures the future of blockbuster scoring.
- A modern string orchestra imitating classic synth sounds.
- A massive multi-layering of complex synth sounds made accessible.
- Endless customisation sounds using eDNA engine.
- All-new Granular Engine for further sonic discovery.
- 129 articulations, including:
- 94 articulations including the original string performances.
- 35 layered 'Synergy' patches for use in the eDNA engine.
- 421 presets created by BT himself and the Spitfire Team.
- 54 noise sources recorded by BT.
Read More Best of
Please log in to join the discussion