Courvoisier is a single-band universal dynamics processor with adaptive attack and release algorithms optimized for complex program material (mixes and submixes). Courvoisier uses free-form curves drawn over the histogram of incoming audio material (as opposed to traditional ratio and threshold parameters) to determine the transfer function of the processing.
- Histogram representation (sliding-window statistics) of incoming program material and gain change.
- Free-form dynamics processing defined by curves.
- All performance-critical code optimized in assembly (utilizing SSE2 flow instructions).
- Very low harmonic distortion (THD during normal operation is below -105 dB FS).
- Two different program dependent attack algorithms.
- Two release algorithms (program dependent and user defined).
- Side chain filtering (low and high pass filters).
- M/S operation with optional side channel transfer function.
- Stereo operation with adjustable stereo link.
- Dry mix option for parallel processing.
- Peak, RMS and Hybrid level detection options.
- Look-ahead processing for minimizing distortion with extremely fast attack settings.
- Complex mode (oversampling with a twist).