|Type / Tags||Solo StringsCelloDouble BassiOS Inter-App AudioSynth (Physical Modeling)ViolaViolin|
iPhone 4s and later, and iPad 2 and later
IOS > 8.2
Turn your iPad into an instrument of the violin family and play just like on a real instrument.
FingerFiddle introduces a new and highly sensitive musical experience with your IOS device. Your actions on the screen are turned naturally into an exceptionally realistic and responsive sound, whatever you do. Place your fingers on the fingerboard to change notes. Move your other hand on the screen to rub the strings with the bow and shape the sound continuously in real-time. Pluck the screen to play pizzicato. FingerFiddle responds accurately to your movements and lets you play with the full palette of violin expression, just like with a real instrument.
FingerFiddle is a musical instrument that you can bring with you everywhere to play, practice, have fun and perform with others. It includes a full collection of fine-tuned instruments from the violin family (violin, viola, cello and double bass). The basic version comes with a cello, and other instruments are available to try and purchase. Wherever you are, at any time, pick one of the instruments and play music for real with FingerFiddle.
Who is it for?
Anyone interested in music playing can find something in FingerFiddle:
- For the beginner, FingerFiddle is an affordable way to experience and enjoy fiddle playing, alone or in group. Play, practice to improve your playing, try different instruments and maybe, eventually, buy a real instrument...
- For advanced players, FingerFiddle is a new instrument to discover and have fun with. Use it in your musical productions and live performances, when jamming with others, or just to sketch ideas.
- In all cases, FingerFiddle is a musical instrument that is always right at your fingertips, whenever you feel the need to play music.
- Natural mapping between movement and sound: your finger is the bow !
- Outstanding sound rendering for a realistic output
- Pitch is controlled with a fingerboard on the screen to allow fiddle-specific playing techniques (vibrato, glissando, chords)
- The fingerboard is customizable: set its width and the space between notes for a comfortable playing
- A specific area is dedicated to pizzicato playing
- Inter-App Audio / Audiobus support (generator)
- Very low memory requirement: no samples library is used
- Inter App Audio and Audiobus support
- The basic version includes the Cello from the Classic Collection. Other instruments are available as In App purchases (Violin, Viola, Double Bass, normal or with mutes)
Reviewed By Jace-BeOS
February 4, 2019
FingerFiddle is one of the best music instrument applications I've ever purchased on any platform, especially considering its low cost in comparison to its high quality.
It's the only physically-modeled bowed instrument software that has a natural-feeling performance GUI, and that's largely due to being developed for iOS and touch screen interaction (the larger the screen, the better, and I recommend it on an iPad Pro 12.9"). Playing FingerFiddle is leaps and bounds beyond any other bowed instrument software on any platform that I've tried. It even simulates pressure by the rarely utilized touch-surface-area feature of iOS touch screen devices (the harder you press on the screen, the larger the contact area is, as your finger squishes out onto the glass).
The developer has always been responsive to my inquiries.
It's a shame so few people seem to know about or have interest in it.Read more