ResonHeart is the physical modeling simulation of a never seen before, experimental, aerophone-based acoustic instrument.
Characterized by a complex modal-based architecture, this original machine has expressly been built to mimic the sound of different families of acoustic instruments - like winds, membranes, chromatic percussions, ethnic lutes and whistles, glasses, cymbals and crashes, vocal ensembles and choirs, or even an entire orchestral strings section - as well as to produce very unconventional, organic tones, evolving textures and expressive motion pads.
Working on the principles of fluid dynamics and designed to potentially be a real-world replicable machine, every single component inside ResonHeart has been modeled after existing hardware - commercially available devices like air pumps, pneumatic valves and metal resonators. Also the surrounding room acoustics has been carefully modeled, simulating a wide range of spatial environments, from small chambers to big concert halls, to stone-walled cathedrals and beyond.
Moreover, ResonHeart features a clean and intuitive interface, making the sound designing process just simple and effective.
- Physical modeling simulation of a complex acoustic sound generator machine, achieved by the adoption of the Advanced Component Simulation (ACS) approach.
- Full 64-bit processing accuracy for every single aspect of the simulation.
- A 100% original aerophone-based mechanical acoustic instrument, featuring an articulated modal architecture and capable of mimicking other acoustic instruments' tones and flavours.
- Entirely made of mechanical components (resonators, motors, valves) which have been modeled after existing, commercially available parts.
- Air pump motors with dedicated automations and retrig control.
- Venturi valves.
- Swing motors and valves (from 0.1 Hz up to 20 Hz).
- Pneumatic solenoid valves (with a 3-ms aperture, 2-ms disclosure timing).
- Air turbulence dispersion control.
- A complex resonator block (one per voice) made of sixteen universal Helmholtz resonators, each with independent tuning (internal volume) and pressure (embouchure) controls.
- A dedicated modulation for resonators' tuning, featuring Swing, Contour, Velocity and Pitch Follower controls.
- A dedicated modulation for resonators' pressure, featuring Swing, Contour, Velocity and Pitch Follower controls.
- Operates as a monophonic or polyphonic (4-voices) instrument.
- True polyphony, achieved by simulating separate, fully-independent mechanical sound generators.
- Separate controls for global tuning, voices detune (spread), pitch bending (amount) and portamento.
- An accurate room / hall simulation (resonator-based).
- A spatial displacement engine, arranging the instrument's four voices/blocks inside the room space.
- Including a 130+ ready-to-use factory presets collection, covering different styles and genres, including deep and solid basses, real-world cymbals and crashes, membranes and percussions, woodwinds, plucked strings, ethnic bells and whistles, organic motion pads, symphonic strings and choirs sections, evolving soundscapes, psychoacoustic sound effects and more.
- MIDI automation.
- Support for sample rates from 44.1 kHz up to 192 kHz.
- Available in multi-size GUI resolutions.