No Longer Available
|Type / Tags||Synth (Analogue / Subtractive)|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
- 2 oscillators (32 waveforms) with adjustable coarse and fine tune.
- Saturation control for both oscillators.
- 2-op FM mode Percussive mode for synth drum sounds.
- Dual Voice mode.
- Ring Modulator.
- Multimode filter with 24 dB Lowpass, 24 dB Highpass types and Separation control.
- Filter Keyboard Tracking.
- 2 pitch envelopes.
- ADSR filter envelope.
- ADSR amplitude envelope.
- LFO on pitch and/or filter.
- LFO and Delay tempo syncable.
- Glide function, can be switched between constant-rate and constant-time.
- Bass Fx section to create ultra-low basses.
- Complex Chorus section allows a wide range of delay, chorus, flange and spatialization effects.
- Distortion effect, low/high filter, and level for the master output.
- Supports both parameter automation and Cubase automation (MIDI CC).
- Unison mode (plays all voices at once).
- Up to 16 voices of polyphony.
- Supports Aftertouch.
Reviewed By warbug
January 29, 2003
-the user interface is very self explanitory and layed out nicely. fluid
- i am very happy with the sounds i ve been able to get out of it. ( i have a virus b and sid station and many top end softsynths )
-the features are nice; i like the percussive envolope and the pitch up /down controls
-it come with very little documentation; some about the filters and the lfo but i did not really need any documentation.
-the presets are kinda hokey BUT DL it and play around with it.
- i tried to email the customer support about a GUI problem in v. 3.11 and they never replied back.
-a deffinite value for the money
-its a bit cpu hungery but not the worst ive ever seen.Read more
Reviewed By 11011011
May 15, 2002
That said, I hate to admit that I haven't used this synth on a single completed song to date (six months later). It seems to overpower anything I put it into in any role other than a bassline. Even then, I have to bring out the EQ and compressor every time. It's not too loud, it takes up too much freq room. It sounds awesome on it's own or over just a beat, but it does not play well with others.
The presets are mostly average. Some standouts include: Funky Bass, Nice Bass, Perc Lead, Warble Pad, and ACID 1&2. There are a lot of odd sounds in the presets and I had trouble using most of them.
The idea of having two waveforms to mess with (a'la WaveDream) is sweet, but in practice I have great difficulty programming this beast. If it were 100% intiutive, I wouldn't knock off points for the documentation -- but this thing needs a tutorial for making new sounds.
The MIDI automation is nice, but it uses fixed paramters, requiring you to program your hardware to use it, rather than a MIDI learn mode. This is odd considering Sonic Syndicate knows all about MIDI learning with their host, Orion.
The sound quality is excellent, Sonic Syndicate has yet to make anything but a top quality instrument.
Bottom line: this turned out to be a disappointing synth overall and I don't think it was one of my better purchases. I thought I'd get more out of it than I have.Read more
Reviewed By stogie21
April 19, 2002
Of course you can make some great bass with this, but I love it for making some really awesome sweeps. Its perfect for my downtempo/ambient style. The best feature on the junglist in my opinion are the filters. The filters are the best I've heard on a softsynth.
I've got Pentagon 1 also, and junglist may not be able to make the same variety of sounds, but I think the junglist sounds fuller and richer.Read more
Reviewed By dusted william
December 5, 2001
Reviewed By paul minot
December 4, 2001