This EQ emulates the warm tones and characteristics of an American classic EQ. The MEQ-550A does not feature Q controls. Instead, it utilizes proportional Q technology, which increases the Q value as the gain is increased, creating a narrower band and a more aggressive sound.
Each band is broken into the overlapping ranges, allowing for extreme equalization:
- Low: 50, 100, 200, 300, 400 Hz.
- Mid: .4, .8, 1.5, 3, 5 kHz.
- High: 5, 7, 10, 12.5, 15 kHz.
The high and low bands can be used as traditional bell shapes or converted to shelves.
- Push the signal to soft clip by increasing the input slider beyond zero dB.
- The EQ has built in Mid-Side processing capabilities and output gain and phase controls.
- A-B comparison.
- Preset functionality (includes a selection of factory presets).