MidiYodi is an application that allows editing, examination and playback of MIDI files, available on all major platforms including Windows, Mac and Unix.
MidiYodi contains a rich set of features such as:
MIDI File Examination
MidiYodi provides various tools to examine the layout and content of a MIDI file:
- MIDI File Explorer
Scans entire folders for MIDI files and for each file displays information such as type, number of tracks, available instruments, song duration, tempo, key- and time signatures.
- Main Window
Displays the rolled-out contents of a MIDI file including a measure bar and all its tracks where each track displays its instrument and miniature notes. In addition meta lanes displays lyrics, markers, tempos, time- and key signatures.
- Keyboard Examiner
Allows note editing for a track in a keyboard like viewer.
- Score Examiner
Displays all notes for a track in a score like viewer.
- Event Examiner
Displays all events for a track including event position (beat, time and tick), category (meta, voice or system), type (note on/off, program change etc) and value.
- Lyrics Examiner
Displays karaoke lyrics if contained in the MIDI file.
MIDI File Editing
MidiYodi offers a rich set of tools to edit the content and structure of a MIDI file:
- MIDI file can be converted from type 0 to type 1 and vice versa.
- Notes can added, removed, copied, moved and have velocity and pitch changed.
- Tracks can be added, removed, copied and moved.
- All or selected tracks can be saved in separate MIDI files.
- Tracks can have their name, instrument and volume changed.
- Any MIDI event (meta, voice or system) can be added or updated.
- Song can be transposed in half-tones up or down and individual tracks can be transposed in 8va's.
- Song tempos can be altered.
- Song sections can be removed.
- Voice events can be moved from one channel to another.
- PPQN can be changed.
MidiYodi offers the follwong bulk editing options of multiple MIDI files at once:
- Set a fixed tempo.
MIDI File Playback
MidiYodi offers several navigation and playback controls:
- Controls to start and pause playback in a tape recorder fashion.
- Entire or selected sections of a song can be played in repeat mode.
- Quick navigation by clicking anywhere in the song or jump to the next/previous meta lane event.
- Controls to Mute or Solo any track.
Jukebox - Playlist Management
MidiYodi provides a Jukebox that allows several MIDI files to be managed in playlists and played sequentially:
- Open and save playlists.
- Add, remove and reorder MIDI files in playlist.
- Assign tempo, key and volume for each file to be used during playback.
- Start and stop playback of playlist.
- Selection of playback mode. (First-to-last, loop or one-by-one).
MidiYodi offers some useful and nice customization features:
- Language selection. (English, French, Swedish, Norwegian).
- Look & Feel selection.
- Color theme selection.
- Default examiner selection. (displayed when a track is double-clicked).
- MIDI output device selection.
- Startup file to load when MidiYodi is launched.
- Meta information lanes to show in the main window and examiners.