|Type / Tags|
Windows 7/8/10 (32/64-bit)
Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP
OS X 10.7
Intel processor with SSE2 instructions support
PTEq-X is a digital emulation of 3 famous vintage passive program equalizers.
It has been developed to have all the characteristics of the original hardware, plus some circuit improvements and additional features to increase its versatility.
Every single component on the signal path of the real analog circuit has been taken into account and modeled in the best possible way to match the original sound, keeping an eye on CPU performance and real-time playability at the same time.
PTEq-X is meant to be used as a studio equalizer for tracking, mixing and mastering inside hosts capable of VST or AU Plug-Ins support.
- Three different equalization modules with perfectly analog curve response even at highest frequencies.
- Ignite Amps 3rd generation triode stage analog modeling for 4 different tube types.
- Additional selectable frequencies for the PEQ1A model, compared to the original design.
- Refined filters frequency precision for the MQ5 and HL3C models, compared to the original design.
- Switchable equalizers and tube stage modeling for better CPU usage management.
- Switchable linear phase oversampling for aliasing reduction.
- Global input / output level controls.
- Mono / Stereo processing support.
- Double precision (64-bit) floating point processing.
- Fully automatable controls.
- Ignite Amps proprietary preset management system with bank file import/export functions.
Reviewed By nullfactor
August 7, 2018
A great EQ for broad, non-surgical applications. I find PTEq-X to be a useful tool in mixing guitars and for vocal treatments, as well as a handy addition to my mastering chain. If you're looking for an EQ that allows you to cut or boost exact frequencies, you may want to look elsewhere. But, for adding growl to your heavy guitars, or removing nasally frequencies from a vocal performance, PTEq-X is your go-to.Read more