HERE IT IS! The next chapter in our series of premium speciality libraries.
After the warm reception of our first installment in the analog percussion world (RAW Series Vol.1) we decided to make a library built on the same honorable principles -realism, dynamics and usability- but with a more agressive and punchy sound that complemented the organic, creamy and percussive nature of the previous collection. Of all the drum machines in our arsenal we felt that the 09 was the box that best represented this idea, and thus our next victim was chosen.
The 09 is a 909 inspired drum machine with a twist. The great thing about it it's that, although you can use it to emulate a convincing 909, it can also go WAY beyond it's limits. The bass drum and snare circuits have much wider range and the sound is a bit more modern and over-the-top. It's like a 909 on steroids! This is specially nice since you can end up with something that sounds "familiar" yet not dated like the overused original 909. A clever way of sounding different.
- More than 2300 painstakingly handcut samples (about 200 different sounds x 7 round robin hits + more than 300 single one-shots), organized by type and descriptively labelled. ⁃ A minimum of 4 Round Robin samples of each sound for added realism -most hits have 7 or more Round Robin samples-.
- 40 ready to use Machine kits.
- 20 ready to use MPC kits (1000/2500).
- 298 ready to use Ableton Live kits including:
-23 Drum Rack Kits
-18 Impulse Kits
-250 individual Sampler patches (Round Robin)
-7 groups Sampler patches.
- 6 Kontakt patches including automatic Round Robin management.
We've included exclusive features like a Tom/Conga chromatic instrument patch (Maschine, Ableton, Kontakt) that we painstakingly created with the existing drum channels -this was quite a challenge since the XB09 has no tom voices!-. Add this to our trademark MPC & Maschine implementation and you just got yourself the most complete -and best sounding- 09 library in existence.
Everything was run through :
- Great River MP-NV preamp/DI (Neve 1073 topology pre with Cinemag transformers) & Neve 8801.
- Mytek Stereo 96 AD & UA 2192 mastering grade converters.
- Lava Cables -kept as short as possible- with Neutrik interconnects.
This kind of quality is only found in acoustic instrument libraries of the highest caliber. ⁃ Instant gratification: Although the samples are not compressed, we feel they're SO good that they're actually ready to use as they are.