|Type / Tags||Synth (Modular)|
|Utility||Stand-alone utility / application|
Sonigen Modular is a modular software synthesizer which combines the freedom and flexibility of classic modular synthesis with the benefits of a modern software implementation. The user interface is quick and intuitive to use while still affording the sound designer great freedom. The audio processing algorithms are of high quality while still being CPU efficient.
- Sonigen Modular is fully modular, with as many modules and patch cables as you want.
- It combines polyphonic voice and static effect processing in one window. That means you can have multiple MIDI notes playing multiple voices, mix them all down to a single stereo stream and route that through a modular effect chain.
- It is fast and intuitive to use, almost everything is done in the main module window. There's no separate schematic / GUI views, no macro modules, no separate FX window. You can see what is going on just by looking at the main window.
- Great sound quality. A huge amount of time has been put into developing high quality algorithms. It has very good aliasing rejection in most cases.
- It is CPU efficient. This doesn't mean corners have been cut. It means hand tuned assembly and run time optimization. The audio processing code is dynamically assembled and optimised in real time as you edit and play.
Reviewed By 2NDMOUSE
October 3, 2013
This synth is incredible !.
collected many vsts from kvr, and I have yet to hear anything that sounds quite as good as sonigen. Its an astounding synth .
Not only does it sound amazing, but it is so versatile and can turn its hand to anything. There are a huge amount of free synths out there and there are only a small amount that really stand out. I could download a synth a day for a year, but the vast majority of them sound thin and whiny, but sonigen is cut from a different cloth entirely. Its a beast. Its a swiss army knife capable of the phattest basses, the lushest pads, and really analogue sounding leads that have real depth and bite. Im gonna be using this in everything from mow on ! What a find.Read more
Reviewed By DJPantheris
October 3, 2013
I found sonigen being extremely powerful VST tool. I is an extremely powerful synthesizer with almost infinite possibility. You could use it to recreate many classic sounds using the built in modules. It includes hundreds of built-in presets and incorporates a pleasant experience and is a very user friendly synthesizer. OF course, you could easily lose yourself in the creative aspect and easily make a synthesizer that looks like a giant bowl of spaghetti.
It also has a unique sound that is all it's own, bringing it's own unique twist to bear. You will not ever regret downloading this. If it wasn't free it would be well worth every penny spent on it. But it is, and it is well worth the download. It is a lean, mean,synthesizing machine.
All my base are belong to this.Read more