UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

rasmusklump wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:59 am In Cubase there also are no problems with multicore plugins
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... kt.446111/

So again, it seems to be hit or miss. :shrug:

otristan wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:31 pm Just click the favorite column so favorite are listed first.
Thanks for the hint :) I browsed now almost all factory presets, and some have no output at all. Could be the problem that I also have to update the ilok drivers, so copy protection related (macos)? I am usually skipping that installation step, because I try to follow the paradigma "never touch a running system" regarding any "system" drivers.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:28 am
otristan wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:31 pm Just click the favorite column so favorite are listed first.
Thanks for the hint :) I browsed now almost all factory presets, and some have no output at all. Could be the problem that I also have to update the ilok drivers, so copy protection related (macos)? I am usually skipping that installation step, because I try to follow the paradigma "never touch a running system" regarding any "system" drivers.
iLOK installer will only change something if the version installed is older. If it is the same or newer, it will not do anything.
Fernando (FMR)

So after this update (THANKS! :clap: ) with all these interesting sequencers and midi tools, my long standing Nr. 1 Feature-Wish becomes even more urgent:
Please allow Falcon to output Midi to the outside world directly live!
That would make all the built in tools so much more versatile to use in a project and would also bring more users to the scripting side - which is really powerful and well implemented but somehow wasted by only being available internally.

The midi recorder is a step in the right direction, but is much less immediate in the arrangement process while playing with different ideas than if you could output midi on different channels while playing, and routing that in the DAW to several other tracks and instruments.
Falcon could become a central figure there for people who love sequencers and midi tools in general.

Pretty please :-) :hug: :party: :tu:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

After Falcon v2.5.1 update (Drum Designer), the Kick sound is strange. For example, '08 Creative's Kit Kick - Karl Kokz'. The click sound is annoying when you play note C2. Other kick may have unwanted sound. For example, Kit Kick - Tech Groove. After deleting v2.5.1, there is no such problem in v2.5.0. There seems to be an error while fixing the bug. Please check it.

AcidMoon wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:00 pm After Falcon v2.5.1 update (Drum Designer), the Kick sound is strange. For example, '08 Creative's Kit Kick - Karl Kokz'. The click sound is annoying when you play note C2. Other kick may have unwanted sound. For example, Kit Kick - Tech Groove. After deleting v2.5.1, there is no such problem in v2.5.0. There seems to be an error while fixing the bug. Please check it.
This will be fixed in next version. Regression in WT oscillator
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Suggestion for UVI that could get us MIDI out functionality quicker, as companies are loath to add major things without someone paying for it, make an “Arps and Sequencers” expansion that includes emulations of classic hardware versions (ARP 2500, Roland MC80 etc) and roll it into Vintage Vault 4.

Gives an excuse to enable MIDI out in Falcon, but not just for those emulated sequencers, but for anything that generates MIDI.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I ask myself, who needs so many sequencers and arp tools, in the end the result is always the same, the typical sequencer and arp sounds.

The wavesequencer is very misleading.

Wavesequencer is for me the tool in Korg's Wavestation or Wusik Wusik Station.

The MIDI recorder is good but could be improved, the problem is that when I press the record button the recording starts immediately, so the notes are usually not in the right place and you have to correct it in the DAW.

In HALion this is better solved, there the first note is started only after pressing a key on the keyboard, so it is guaranteed that everything is in the right place.

My wishes for the next major update would be a real wavesequencer like in Wavestation and vector synthesis, so that you can finally create morph sounds quickly and easily, plus VST3, even Native Instruments Kontakt is now available as VST3 and Multicore, which is a blessing in DIVA and HALion, even as a paid update.

maximoog wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:19 am The MIDI recorder is good but could be improved, the problem is that when I press the record button the recording starts immediately, so the notes are usually not in the right place and you have to correct it in the DAW.
Actually the display is wrong.
It only record when the first event is received, so the actual MIDI only start at the first event, no empty space before.

Will fix the display
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

arp totally broken for me using synth anthology in s1.5.
Never bounces properly - goes all out of sync

maximoog wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:19 am I ask myself, who needs so many sequencers and arp tools, in the end the result is always the same, the typical sequencer and arp sounds.

The wavesequencer is very misleading.

Wavesequencer is for me the tool in Korg's Wavestation or Wusik Wusik Station.

The MIDI recorder is good but could be improved, the problem is that when I press the record button the recording starts immediately, so the notes are usually not in the right place and you have to correct it in the DAW.

In HALion this is better solved, there the first note is started only after pressing a key on the keyboard, so it is guaranteed that everything is in the right place.

My wishes for the next major update would be a real wavesequencer like in Wavestation and vector synthesis, so that you can finally create morph sounds quickly and easily, plus VST3, even Native Instruments Kontakt is now available as VST3 and Multicore, which is a blessing in DIVA and HALion, even as a paid update.
I ask myself who needs so many wavesequencers and vector synthesis tools.
Amazingly we are not all the same and do not share the same priorities.
Knocking someone else’s request down to promote yours is shitty behaviour.

Are you safe?

There are almost no Vector and Wavesequencing VSTs, really only Korg Wavestation and Wusikstation. You can't load your own samples in the Wavestation and I don't want to get the Wusikstation because I don't want to buy another tool.

A tool like Falcon that offers several sound generators should already offer these two important and ingenious forms of synthesis.

Besides, I am not the only one who wishes this. And whether this is implemented will be decided by UVI anyway.

You are missing my point, but I think you already know that.

Are you safe?

bundoo wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:35 am arp totally broken for me using synth anthology in s1.5.
Never bounces properly - goes all out of sync
Please contact our support so they can troubleshoot it.

Thanks !
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:29 am
maximoog wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:19 am The MIDI recorder is good but could be improved, the problem is that when I press the record button the recording starts immediately, so the notes are usually not in the right place and you have to correct it in the DAW.
Actually the display is wrong.
It only record when the first event is received, so the actual MIDI only start at the first event, no empty space before.

Will fix the display
I guess what's missing is a "Record Quantise" option so that recording starts for instance on bars or quarters etc. so that the resulting midi is already aligned with time, similar to recording clips in Bitwig or Live. Same for the stop button.
That's how most other drag and drop midi tools handle it...

One could of course midi-learn the record button and do the sync from the DAW that way, but a more direct options would make sense IMO.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Return to “Instruments”