Switching reference tracks with FX selctor and audio recievers

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

Trying to switch between reference tracks using FX selector and audio recievers on the master bus.

Does not work for some reason. All the tracks play at the same time when I switch between them

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

One feature of fx selector is it keeps tails of effects, which means it's an input selector not an output selector. For an output selector you'd want to create your own using FX layers and a macro to switch the volumes. Could also be done easily in the grid.

thanks for your thoughts.

What i wanted was to easily be able to switch between my track and references with 1 button press and to cycle through them easily with 1 button, like a toggle of some kind

I have made an fx layer device on the master with audio receivers and that works ok. But i cant think of a way to cycle through layers like in an instrument layer.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Parseq-8 is pretty good for this, you'd use it in hold mode, set each step to modulate the volume of the layer up and control which layer is selected via the phase control.

If you specifically want one button for going sequentially through the layers then you'd need the grid as there is no modulator that works like a momentary button. The idea would be to have a trigger module into a phase counter, into a merge set to linear (counter and merge should have the same number of steps). Then you can add audio receivers to each merge input and midi map the trigger module to a keyboard/midi button via the mapping panel.

The downside here is that you can't put the trigger module as a device remote control in bitwig, so you'd need to either open grid to change it or just use the midi mapped button. The other problem here is I think it would be a challenge to have a second button for cycling the other direction - maybe there is a clever way by manipulating phase to achieve this, although having a button for resetting to the first layer would be easy via the counter reset input.

I figured out one solution to have two buttons for going forward and back. It's a bit of a bodge-job but it works.

The segments speed needs to be dialled in as if it's too fast it won't trigger the merge to change. Number of triggers needs to be 1 smaller than the merge/counter number, and the phase is shifted by a small amount early so it sits at low logic (there are probably better solutions for this problem... but it works). You might also put a short fade envelope on the output when pressing either button to avoid clicks.

https://imgur.com/j8WY1pD

What about modulation two mutes in reverse order? Modulation works now across tracks…

Delete, it was the same idea, I had misread.

Return to “Bitwig”