Black Rooster Audio releases the VLA-3A

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VLA-3A

Black Rooster Audio is excited to present the VLA-3A plug-in, one of the most authentic native emulations of its analog brother from the 70s. It takes aspects from its predecessor and combines it with a discrete solid-state circuitry. It still
maintains the T4 based opto-compressor sound but features a quicker, more modern and brighter response. This is our goto processor for vocals, but it also works outstandingly well when bringing out the ambience of percussive material and helps to put some glue into your mixes! The plug-in is available from today as a limited time offer of $79 and a regular price of $129.

Please check Black Rooster Audio for further information.

FEATURES

AUTHENTIC CIRCUIT EMULATION
Our real time SPICE type component based circuit simulation approach allows to authentically capture the sound and feel of the analog sample in all nuances. Every crucial part of the device, including in- and output transformers, discrete side chain and audio amplifier stages, the high frequency contour filter network, down to the T4B cell have been faithfully modeled and matched with an original reference unit.

SSE2 OPTIMIZED CODE
DSP operations are pipe-lined using the SSE2 instruction set. This ensures highest possible performance operation despite very complex computations.

AUTO-ADJUSTED OVERSAMPLING FOR MAXIMUM AUDIO TRANSPARENCY
Aliasing artifacts are efficiently attenuated using a low latency linear phase Dolph-Chebyshev poly-phase design. The oversampling is auto adjusted to your session's sample rate to save valuable CPU power while offering the most transparent sound possible.

HIGHDPI / RETINA SUPPORT
All our plug-Ins support high pixel density on Mac OSX and Windows to bring you the most enjoyable user experience on high DPI displays. Please refer to your manual to find whether your DAW is HighDPI capable if you're working on
Windows.

ABOUT BLACK ROOSTER AUDIO

We're an avid audio software company from Germany that brings you premium quality DAW plug-ins. Our processors can be used in the most popular host applications such as Steinberg Cubase, Apple Logic, Ableton Live and many others. We put all our dexterity into contriving and creating the most state-of-the-art software. We want to support you in your everyday recording, mixing or mastering process and provide you with highly creative, inspiring and great sounding tools.

Please check Black Rooster Audio for further information.
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

I can't believe no one is not commenting on this yet :)
It's easy if you know how

We're probably all skint!

The installation process is crazy : I've given up. Let's forget the fact that they ask for a LICENCE for a FREE and a DEMO plugin. Let's forget the fact that it DOESN'T install the plugins in the directory you specify so you have to find where the hell they are before you can run them. The thing is : the offline mode needs copying serial/ID/long-things and the copy/paste function doesn't work on their window, moreover I simply don't understand why all I can do is open a destination directory from this window. I'll try to understand all this some other day.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

How does it compare to the UAD or Waves version?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

DJErmac wrote:The installation process is crazy : I've given up. Let's forget the fact that they ask for a LICENCE for a FREE and a DEMO plugin. Let's forget the fact that it DOESN'T install the plugins in the directory you specify so you have to find where the hell they are before you can run them. The thing is : the offline mode needs copying serial/ID/long-things and the copy/paste function doesn't work on their window, moreover I simply don't understand why all I can do is open a destination directory from this window. I'll try to understand all this some other day.
Sure it could be improved, I agree. But it's worth the hassle.

OK I'll try again then, thanks.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote:The installation process is crazy : I've given up. Let's forget the fact that they ask for a LICENCE for a FREE and a DEMO plugin. Let's forget the fact that it DOESN'T install the plugins in the directory you specify so you have to find where the hell they are before you can run them. The thing is : the offline mode needs copying serial/ID/long-things and the copy/paste function doesn't work on their window, moreover I simply don't understand why all I can do is open a destination directory from this window. I'll try to understand all this some other day.
DJErmac, the process of activating our plug-in is well described both on our website and in our activation video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Q5W4saOSY). As there are some problems regarding hosts described under the known issues, the overall process is a usual challenge/response activation. If you do encounter problems, please use our support form (http://blackroosteraudio.com/support.html) or get back to us directly via info (at) blackroosteraudio.com

We are sorry for any inconvenience, we have noticed your feedback and are willing to improve our process. Please try again and let me know (via mail) how things worked out for you.

All the best, André
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

I'm sorry but the name of this company is hilarious! Based on that alone I will have to take a look at their plug-ins.

Like us on facebook and take your chance to WIN a VLA BUNDLE! http://bit.ly/2iDPEax
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

I am looking for a La-3a, but c/s from a little unknown company.... no way.

rasmusklump wrote:I am looking for a La-3a, but c/s from a little unknown company.... no way.
You are right, they are a new company, but are not newcomers when it comes to making plugins.

They previously worked on Vertigo VSC-2, Vertigo VSM-3, bx_opto, elysia nvelope, UAD Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, ACME Opticom XLA-3...
It's easy if you know how

That's some good lineage right there,may demo it

This is one of the best emulation I tried.
It transparent, natural and rich sounding. It's wonderful on guitars (adding bite and impact) and clean vocals (pushing it forward through the mix without sound compressed). Those who doubt should definitely try the demo. Guys did a wonderful job on emulating all the details of the original, they deserved attention for sure.
nc-rec.com

I've tried to demo it, but each time I opened the DAW it prompts me. I then enter my login information only to be told login failed. I gave up trying to demo it.

Return to “Effects”