Reaper 7 released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
REAPER

elassi wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:04 pm
jens wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:22 am what's that weird empty space below the clips?
Do you talk about this?

No, unfortunately I don't think so... here's a screenshot:

:shock: :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Oh, I think I should perhaps add an explanation... :lol:

None of the tracks are empty - this is a complete song, automation and all. However, since the empty space I am talking about is not affected by zooming, the more you zoom out, the more it will displace the tracks' content - until it basically is all that is left, as can be seen here.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Here's the same song zoomed-in... as you can see there's still a lot (it's the same amount actually) of empty space below the items...

jens wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:50 pm Here's the same song zoomed-in... as you can see there's still a lot (it's the same amount actually) of empty space below the items...
That is because FIPM = "Fixed item position mode" is "on" on all tracks. If you switch that off,
the empty space would disappear.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:53 pm That is because FIPM = "Fixed item position mode" is "on" on all tracks. If you switch that off,
Looks a lot like this is the case, yeah! Jens, also if you are using a default project/template of some kind, see that you don't have this enabled for the tracks you have there, when you begin working on a new project.

enroe wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:53 pm
jens wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:50 pm Here's the same song zoomed-in... as you can see there's still a lot (it's the same amount actually) of empty space below the items...
That is because FIPM = "Fixed item position mode" is "on" on all tracks. If you switch that off,

I think you actually mixed up two different things there... "FIPM" is "free item positioning mode" and then there's "fixed items lanes" (which is new and off by default - as it should) - none of which are causing this.

jens wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:32 am
? ? ? wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:32 am It's like me saying I'm the VOODOOBER
WAIT - are you not??? :?
Now I am. Well, sort of. Being that 'm a Lords Of Acid fan, I figure this name to be more apt

Guenon wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:03 pm
enroe wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:53 pm That is because FIPM = "Fixed item position mode" is "on" on all tracks. If you switch that off,
Looks a lot like this is the case, yeah! Jens, also if you are using a default project/template of some kind, see that you don't have this enabled for the tracks you have there, when you begin working on a new project.
Nope, this is a song I made in R6 - and this affects all songs/tracks, old or new - plus I start all my songs from scratch.

VOODOO U wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:09 pm
jens wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:32 am
? ? ? wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:32 am It's like me saying I'm the VOODOOBER
WAIT - are you not??? :?
Now I am. Well, sort of. Being that 'm a Lords Of Acid fan, I figure this name to be more apt
Way to go! :tu: :lol:

BTW are you sure its not free item positioning where the items can be moved within thw extra space? The only other thing I can think of is if you applied track effects to items. But then there wouldn't be blank space. There would be stacked items.

Yes, I'm sure it's not FIPM :?

Ah, I read fast and brain farted back there, too, but I think you mean Free Item Positioning? :)

Jens, free item positioning has been a Reaper feature for a long time. Double check that you don't have it set on (right click on the track panel and see if it's checked:

Heh, echo :D

jens wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:07 pm
enroe wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:53 pm
That is because FIPM = "Free item position mode" is "on" on all tracks. If you switch that off,

I think you actually mixed up two different things there... "FIPM" is "free item positioning mode" and then there's "fixed items lanes" (which is new and off by default - as it should) - none of which are causing this.
No, no, I do not confuse anything.
The picture here:
jens wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:50 pm Image
shows FIPM = "Free Item Positioning Mode" on.

FIPM is in Reaper since more than 10 years.
The new mode introduced with version 7.0 is "Fixed Lanes".
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:33 pm No, no, I do not confuse anything.

shows FIPM = "Free Item Positioning Mode" on.

FIPM is in Reaper since more than 10 years.
The new mode introduced with version 7.0 is "Fixed Lanes".
Yeah, but you said "Fixed item position mode" ... :) , that's what I commented on above (see quote in my previous post). Just a glitch in the system, so to speak, heh.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”