Acoustica has announced the release of Mixcraft 5.
New and improved features:
- Video Track: Mixcraft 5's Video Track allows loading and editing of video files. Easily cross-fade from one video clip to another. Remix the audio, add a soundtrack, and effortlessly render your video project to a new video file.
- Automation: New Automation features provide automated control of all parameters and controls in any VST effect, VSTi instrument, or Acoustica effect. All tracks can contain an unlimited number of automation curves on an unlimited number of effects and instruments. In addition, you can even automate the track volume & panning, and more.
- Master Track: The Master Track allows you to smoothly automate the global effects parameters and master volume, for smooth and easy fade-ins and fade-outs for your mixes.
- Send Tracks: Send Tracks (aka Auxiliary Busses) let you route audio from multiple Audio Tracks and Virtual Instrument Tracks to a single set of audio effects. For example, use one reverb effect on multiple tracks. Audio can be routed both pre-fader and post-fader to the Send Tracks, and effects on the Send Tracks can all be easily automated.
- Mixer Interface: Mixcraft 5's powerful Mixer Interface provides a convenient and familiar interface for mixing a project. Complete with easy access to volume, pan, mute, and solo controls, as well as effects and instrument dialogs, our Mixer Interface also includes a 3-band EQ on every track, so you can get every instrument fitting perfectly into the mix.
- WaveRT Exclusive Mode (available in Windows 7): Provides ultra-low-latency, solid audio performance on most audio hardware without any special sound card drivers. With WaveRT Exclusive Mode, Mixcraft can now interface directly with the audio hardware, bypassing the operating system for truly stunning audio performance.
- Notation: Mixcraft 5's Notation tools allow you to create, edit, and print your MIDI data in familiar music notation format. Record your own MIDI tracks and instantly generate high-quality professional sheet music based on your performance. Or, construct your own musical composition note-by-note with traditional music notation.
- Musical Typing Keyboard (MTK): The Musical Typing Keyboard lets you play and record Mixcraft 5's virtual instruments without the use of a MIDI keyboard. Use your computer's typing keyboard to play notes and chords. Control pitch bend, modulation, and velocity. Sustain notes with a simple press of the Shift key. You can even transpose by octaves and semitones.
- Recording Count-In: The Recording Count-In feature, which can be turned on and off in Mixcraft's time display, tells Mixcraft's metronome to count for several measures before recording begins. The length of the count-in is even user-adjustable, between 1 and 32 measures.
- Undock the Details Tab: Undock the details tabs and move them around the screen, or onto a second monitor. Maximize the details tabs window for full-screen MIDI editing, mixing, access to the loop library, and more.
- Lots of New Loops, including the following song kits:
- 70's Funk
- Cool Jazz
- Surf Rock
- Vegas Rock
- New Instruments & Effects, including:
- Lounge Lizard Session
- Pultronic Tube EQ
- Alien303 Bass Synthesizer
- Shred Amp Simulator
- Acoustica's Expanded Instruments: Acoustica's Expanded Instruments collection, which includes new sample-based instrument sounds, including a large collection of pads, synths, and much more.
- Link Feature: Link audio, MIDI, and video clips together so they'll select and move as a group.
- Record Directly to High-quality Compressed OGG Files: Record directly to high-quality compressed OGG files in Mixcraft 5. OGG files can take up 1/10th of the hard drive space of uncompressed WAV recordings. This is ideal for collaborators exchanging projects over the internet, laptop users, schools, and anyone recording long speeches or conferences.
- Mix to New Audio Track (aka Bouncing): The new Mix To New Audio Track (aka Bouncing) feature allows you to mix down an Audio Track or Virtual Instrument Track, complete with all effects and automation, to a new audio track. This is a great one-click method to save CPU or "lock in" the edits and effects that have been applied to a track
- Mix to New Clip (aka Merging): Likewise, the Mix To New Clip (aka Merging) feature allows you to merge several audio or MIDI clips together to form one single clip. This is a great way to "lock in" edits that have been made to a recording, combine multiple loops into a single new loop, or mix multiple MIDI passages together into one MIDI clip.
- Improved Seamless Looping Mode: Mixcraft's improved seamless looping mode lets you smoothly loop sections of your project with no audio gapping.
- Noise Reduction Technology: Every sound clip now features noise reduction technology. Mixcraft 5 will automatically find and analyze a section of noise, and you can reduce the noise level or eliminate it entirely.
- Color-coded CPU Meter: Color-coded CPU meter on the status bar helps you keep track of your computer's processing power at all times.
- Archive your entire project to a ZIP file with one click.
- Performance Enhancements: Numerous performance enhancements have been made throughout Mixcraft's audio and graphics engine, including SSE2 optimizations, multi-processor file decoding, and zero-CPU track muting. Mixcraft is now faster and more powerful, allowing for more tracks and effects with lower latency than ever before.
- Support for up to 16 Processor Cores: Support for up to 16 processor cores, double the number of cores supported by Mixcraft 4, ensures Mixcraft will take full advantage of tomorrow's cutting-edge multi-processor computers.
- Improved Graphics & Visual Effects: Improved graphics and visual effects give Mixcraft 5 a sharp, polished and professional look.
- Multi-monitor Support: Multi-monitor support in Mixcraft 5 lets you take full advantage of computers with multiple monitors.
Pricing & Availability
Mixcraft 5 costs $74.95. If you purchased Mixcraft 4 after December 1st, 2009, you get a free upgrade to Mixcraft 5.