Apple updates Final Cut Pro to v10.4.4. The update brings Extensions from Frame.io, Shutterstock and CatDV, plus other features including Batch Sharing, Video Noise Reduction and Comparison Viewer.
- Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party extensions that open directly within the app interface.
- Drag and drop clips between the extension window, browser, and timeline.
- Connect to existing third-party accounts to access projects, download media, and purchase content.
- Deep integration allows extensions to control timeline playback, navigation, clip markers, and more.
- Workflow extensions include tools for collaboration (Frame.io), stock media (Shutterstock), and asset management (CatDV).
- Export and transcode multiple clips in the browser — with or without a camera LUT — for fast turnaround of dailies and other reviews.
- Select and export multiple projects.
- Combine batch sharing with bundles to encode multiple files to multiple formats in one step.
- Monitor export progress in the background tasks window.
Video noise reduction:
- Apply the high-quality, drag-and-drop noise reduction effect to reduce grain and video noise.
- Use simple controls to quickly adjust the look and amount of noise reduction.
- Easily change processing order by dragging the noise reduction effect in the inspector.
- The viewer shows the noise reduction effect when paused and disables the effect when skimming for optimal performance.
- Apply 360° noise reduction to 360° video clips while preserving a flawless seam.
- View project and source timecode in one or more floating timecode windows.
- Resize the timecode window and drag any one to a second screen.
- Choose to display clip names and role names.
- Color coding in the timecode window matches the colors of roles in the timeline.
- Open the Comparison Viewer to reference other frames for consistent color grading across your project.
- Quickly select the previous or next clip in the timeline as your reference frame.
- Save any image to the frame browser to reference it later in the Comparison Viewer.
- Select the Tiny Planet mapping option when adding 360º video to a non-360° project to create interesting spherical looks.
- Use the roll and tilt parameters to wrap your tiny planet effect into an infinite cylinder.
- Adjust the pan parameter to move your subject horizontally within the tiny planet.
- Animate the field of view to transition from a close up to a satellite view flying high above your footage.
- Give 360° titles and generators a powerfully warped look by applying the Tiny Planet mapping option.
Other new features:
- View, edit, and deliver closed captions in the SRT format, which is used by a wide range of websites including Facebook.
- Choose to burn closed captions into your video to ensure they appear at all times during playback.
- When dragging in the timeline to select a secondary storyline, you can now select individual clips or the entire secondary storyline.
- Instantly turn any photo or video into a comic book illustration using Comic filter then refine the comic book look with simple controls to adjust ink edges, fill, and smoothness.