Apple has updated Logic Pro to v10.4, featuring a new tempo detection technology and a number of powerful effect plug-ins, giving musicians even more creative control and flexibility with their projects.
- Advanced tempo detection lets you automatically combine content together, regardless of their original tempo.
- Record audio without using a click or drag in an audio file and have the performance define your project tempo.
- Add any audio file and have it automatically conform to the project tempo.
- ChromaVerb is a sophisticated new algorithmic reverb with a colorful, interactive interface for creating rich acoustic spaces.
- Space Designer is a convolution reverb with a new design and a scalable, Retina interface.
- Step FX adds rhythmic multi-effect processing using 3 powerful step sequencers and an X/Y pad.
- Phat FX makes your tracks bigger and bolder using 9 effects that add warmth and punch to your sounds.
- The Vintage EQ Collection provides 3 accurate models of vintage analog EQs from the 1950s to the 1970s.
- Studio Strings and Studio Horns are deeply sampled, realistic ensemble instruments with custom articulation controls.
- Mellotron is now available as a standalone instrument plug-in.
- Retro Synth now offers 18 different filter models.
- 2 new Drummers play roots and jazz-influenced brush styles.
- 2 vintage brush kits for Drum Kit Designer.
- More than 800 new loops in a variety of instruments and genres.
- New Visions library for Alchemy adds 150 cinematic presets.
- You can now undo mixer and plug-in actions.
- The Files Browser now allows you to bookmark locations for your favorite folders containing samples or projects.
- In addition to Apple Loops, the Loop Browser now supports looping audio file and can preview them in sync with project tempo.
- A new universal design for controlling articulations provides a consistent interface for Logic and third-party instruments.
Read the full release notes at support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203718