Apple recently updated MainStage to v3.4.1, featuring stability improvements and bug fixes.
- MainStage no longer quits unexpectedly sometimes when changing audio devices while in playback mode.
- MainStage no longer shows an error "The file format is not correct" in certain rare cases when opening a concert.
- MainStage no longer sometimes hangs when loading a concert that contains a renamed plug-in preset.
- MainStage no longer quits unexpectedly in rare cases when loading a concert that was saved with the Assignments & Mappings tab selected.
- MainStage no longer sometimes becomes unresponsive when editing Articulation Sets.
- MainStage no longer quits unexpectedly when exiting the app after pasting an Alias.
- Playback no longer appears to use unexpectedly large amounts of memory.
- Selecting presets in Chromaverb no longer sometimes causes Audio Engine overload messages.
- Macs with an integrated graphics processor no longer experience unexpected spikes in CPU performance.
- Aliases of channel strips from multitimbral instruments now correctly maintains their channel settings when a concert is close said then re-opened.
- Bypassing a channel strip with Studio Strings or Studio Horns no longer sometimes leads to hanging notes.
- The Multitimbral Settings window now consistently displays the currently assigned MIDI channel for the selected instrument.
- Changing the stereo spread on an unselected channel strip no longer also changes the stereo spread on a selected channel strip.
- Playback again displays the audio waveform correctly when an MP3 file is loaded.
- Smart Controls now reflect the current play state of Ultrabeat.
- There are no longer sometimes unexpected "Not enough free space to install selected instruments and sounds" errors when downloading additional content to a Sound Library that has been relocated.
- Autosampler no longer sometimes gets stuck after sampling the first note in a new instrument.
- Autosampler is no longer unexpectedly hidden after creating an instrument, closing and reopening Autosampler, and then overwriting the instrument.
Control Surfaces/MIDI Controllers:
- Control names and values on Nektar Panorama control surfaces now update as soon as a concert is loaded.
- The Jump to Previous Marker command now works when Snap is set to values other than OFF.
- MIDI plug-ins now correctly show their bypass state when bypass is triggered by a screen control button.
- The Metronome in concerts created in MainStage 3.3.2 no longer unexpectedly plays clicks on the divisions.
- Chord display again works as expected.
- MainStage project icons now display correctly on iMac Pro computers.
- The "On Patch Change" option "Reset to saved value" now reliably works as expected.
- Ultrabeat's play state has now consistently reflected in the Smart Controls.
- The Assigned Mapping inspector now immediately updates to show pedals added or removed from the Pedalboard plug-in.
- Disabling cycle during play now works for grouped instances of Playback.