Ardour has been updated to v5.11. This is primarily a bug-fix release, though it also includes VCA automation graphical editing, a new template management dialog and various other useful new features.
- VCA automation can now be graphically edited.
- VCAs can now be selected (e.g. from control surfaces).
- Allow VCA renaming in the editor window.
- Bindable buttons for VCA solo and mute.
- Add select-all-tracks shortcut in the mixer window.
- Template management dialog (both session and track templates).
- Allow control surfaces to hide/show plugin GUIs.
- Realtime export now allows listening to channels being exported.
- Non-layered MIDI recording now works (MIDI regions will be trimmed at the end of recording to avoid overlaps).
- Add an LTC generator to the Dummy backend.
- Update colors for the "Caineville" theme.
- Expose Off/Play states for MIDI CC "automation".
- Allow touch automation to be done via Ardour's own knobs (e.g. trim control).
Read the full release notes here.