Bremmers Audio Design has released version 4.3 of MultitrackStudio for iPad. The new release adds MIDI 2.0 protocol support for Audio Units. Apple Pencil support has been improved.
New in version 4.3:
- Improved Apple Pencil support. It's no longer used for scrolling, this allows for the editors to work with significantly less press-and-hold operations. Just a few actions require pressing the pencil until the selector appears, most notably adding notes and selecting a part in a MIDI editor.
- AU plugins that support the MIDI 2.0 protocol now receive MIDI 2.0 per-note controls instead of MPE. These plugins can receive MIDI 2.0 per-note pitch bend and all registered per-note controllers except for #3. (requires iPadOS 15).
- Supports AU plugins that convert audio to MIDI.
- Track name box menus now have Duplicate option. It creates a new track with a copy of this track's content.
- Note Editor has per-note articulation setting. It's only available if articulations have been set up for the MIDI instrument.
- Added 'Raw MIDI Channels' Articulation preset.
- Audio can be copy/pasted (or dragged) from audio track editor to Automated Fader, MIDI controller and automation editors. The amplitude envelope or audio pitch will be converted to dots.
- Dots Editor has new Invert action, it flips the dots vertically. Applies to Automated Fader, MIDI controller and automation editors.
- Keyboard shortcuts for Multi MIDI Editor: Command-U = all MIDI tracks, Option-Command-U = MIDI tracks having same color as focused track. (Pro Extension).
- Pianoroll: lassoing notes has been improved to work better with consecutive notes.
- Fixed: MIDI Pattern Editor's Instance Transpose setting didn't work right for Poly Aftertouch, Per Note Pitchbend and Per Note Controllers.
- Fixed: Issue with deleting lassoed notes in pianoroll/score editor.
- Track Pack IAP is discontinued. Its features are now part of the Pro Extension.