Chocolate Audio releases BBassV Electric Bass for Kontakt with launch offer
Chocolate Audio has announced the release of the BBassV Electric Bass for Kontakt. The instrument is the outcome of several years of research and development and it strives to set a new benchmark in terms of playability and tone. A long time was dedicated to achieving the best possible tone by trimming and fine tuning Kontakt's internal effects and by adding 172 custom cabinet + mic impulse responses.
Playability was addressed through the development of custom algorithms to emulate the way a real bass player moves along and across the fretboard. In addition there is an exclusive legato/slide engine which plays realtime legato and slide-to articulations at any BPM, using intuitive keyboard techniques.
Chocolate Audio sampled a Yamaha BB415 5-string electric bass, an instrument well-known by experienced bass players for its character and personality.
- 964 MB (lossless compressed) library size, 6517 samples.
- Samples are looped after roughly 6 seconds to save on RAM.
- 4 sustaining dynamic layers, chromatically sampled.
- 4 round robins for each note/dynamic (2 index + 2 middle finger samples).
- all 5 Strings sampled.
- 8 release trails layers for each note/string.
- Fingered, Fingered Mute and Harmonics main articulations.
- sampled with a Millennia DI preamps fed direct into Apogee converters.
- ease of use thanks to our custom advanced scripting.
- recorded at 24-bit / 96 kHz, released at 24-bit / 44.1 kHz.
- easy-to-use effects section for extreme sound-mangling.
Main Kontakt engine features:
- custom User Interface.
- intelligent auto-fretting algorithms developed in-house, emulate different bass players' way of playing.
- manual fretting for advanced users.
- advanced legato and slide-to technology allows for slides of any duration and interval, controllable with your playing.
- custom vibrato, modeled after real bassists' vibratos.
- effects section specially tuned for bass instruments.
- no need to learn tons of key-switches.
- 172 custom cabinet + mic combinations IRs for maximum tonal realism.
- 26 factory presets.
- works as stand-alone, AAX, RTAS, AU and VST for Mac and PC.
- 2 GB RAM (more if in need of loading more sample sets).
- Core2Duo or equivalent Mac or PC.
- Kontakt Retail Version: v5.4.3 or newer.
- MIDI Keyboard.
Price: $99.00 ($64.35 with 35% off introductory offer). Requires Kontakt 4.5.3 Full Version and up. This product is download only.