ChocolateAudio has announced the release of the Mock Bass electric bass library for Kontakt and EXS24.
The Mock Bass is sampled from a liuther's custom made electric bass made by Jacaranda and features all the latest technologies when it comes to sampling products, featuring four string, automatic string switching, fret position selection, intelligent and random string noise, intelligent Auto Fingering and realistic Legato Tool.
Mock Bass, a download only product, is available in two packages:
- Mock Bass DI (€39): features the DI sound only, recorded via Apogee converters and Millennia TD-1 direct to digital at 96 Khz, released at 44.1. This set weighs in at about 335 Mb and requires just 38 Mb of preload in Kontakt 2.2.
- Mock Bass Production Pack (€54): features the DI sound together with "Rock" and "Round" sounds (different sample packs).
- Mock Bass Rock is re-amped using an Ampeg rig with a Neumann mic to a Focusrite pre and into an Apogee converter at 96 Khz.
- Mock Bass Round is re-amped using a Mark Bass rig with an AKG mic fed into a Focusrite pre and an Apogee converter at 96 KHz.
The Bass specs: 5 strings with high tuning (E-A-D-G-C, only the lower four strings were sampled), swamp ash body, bolt-on birdseye maple neck, ebony fingerboard, 22 - 6230 Dunlop frets, 2 Bartolini pickups, 3705 ABM bridge, Gotoh GB7 tuners, custom 3 band EQ passive/active controls and SIT RBS 045-065-085-105 string set.
Each of the three Mock Bass sounds features:
- 790 unique samples.
- Each string is sampled chromatically up to the 12th fret (G string up to the 18th).
- Two sustain samples for each note: index and middle finger playing (round robin).
- Four release samples for each note sampled (round robin).
- Four dead ghost samples for each note sampled (round robin).
- Sets of slide ups and downs for each string.
- Sets of Hammer On and Pull Off legato samples for each note sampled.
- Thumps on strings.
- String noise samples.
Mock Bass DI has an MSRP of €39. Mock Bass Production Pack has an MSRP of €54. Both are available now.