Cognitone has updated Synfire, the Music Prototyping Studio, to version 1.7.4. Both Pro and Express editions have been updated.
- New DAW-like organization of plug-ins, MIDI and devices.
- Racks: Intuitive module setup with support for presets.
- Embedded Online Repository: Share device description with others.
- Embedded Palette: Surf chords and scales inside an arrangement's context.
- Embedded Library: Keep a creative clipboard with every arrangement.
- Drop phrases at any target position.
- Matrix View: Configure your own arrangement overview.
- Auto-Bass interpretation preset, complementing Auto-Chords.
- Ability to create a new arrangement off a selected container.
- Rebuild racks automatically after a crashed engine gets restarted.
- Improved channel configuration for devices.
- Improved phrase pool editor.
- Improved FX processing in Audio Engine.
- Allow creation of devices on-the-fly.
- Maintain multiple global racks more intuitively.
- Articulations now support sustained key switches.
- MIDI file import reworked and improved.
- More colors for containers, rack modules and instruments.
- Streamlined all major window layouts.
- More robust Audio Engine.
- More user-friendly naming of engines and ports.
- Prompt user for VST search paths on every scan.
- Many bugs fixed.
A fully detailed list of all changes is available here.
New setup and configuration videos have been added.