Cognitone has updated Synfire, the Music Prototyping Studio, to version 1.7.12. Both Pro and Express editions have been updated.
- Big overhaul of drag & drop features for improved usability and robustness.
- Improved usage of libraries as clipboards for phrases, harmony, parameters.
- Ability to drag extractable and inherited parameters off parameter block.
- Direct access to files related to an arrangement or library.
- Show embedded library in arrange window also on Progression tab.
- Improved editing of linear parameters like MIDI CC.
- Improved automatic sustain pedal generation.
- Drag-move and drag-copy rack modules to other racks.
- Ctrl-E (Extract Phrase) now also works from arrange window.
- New Audio Engine version 2.1.1.
- Morphing: Fade-out did not work as expected.
- Continue scanning for plug-ins, even if one or more plug-ins hang the scanner.
- Fixed a bug that could potentially corrupt documents.
- Avoid conflict when multiple arrangements attempt to open same library at the same time.
- Ignore obsolete updates downloaded for earlier versions that may still be around.
- Use more liberal file and folder permissions on OS X to avoid problems.
- Many more bugs fixes (see complete list below).
A fully detailed list of all changes is available here.