FluffyAudio has released Trio Broz: Solo Violin for Kontakt 4+. This is the first instrument of the Trio Broz: Solo Strings series: a string trio of talented Italian musicians, Barbara (violin), Giada (viola) and Klaus (cello) sampled at the Teatro delle Voci in Treviso.
The violin features up to 3.5 octaves, 4 dynamic layers for sustained articulations, 2 legato types, 4 Round Robins for short articulations like Spiccato, Staccato and Pizzicato. FluffyAudio provide you the ability to create your unique sound by mixing the 3 microphones positions (Close, Mid and Far). The sampling was made high-quality gear: Schoeps and AudioTechnica microphones, Neve and Millennia Media preamps.
The violin is an 1839 Gaetano Guadagnini made in Turin. It is played by Barbara Broz since 2010.
DCE – Dynamic Control Engine
The library features a unique engine called Dynamic Control Engine. Thanks to the DCE, Kontakt knows the volumes of the samples currently playing in the instrument and matches the volume of the incoming samples with the previous ones. The DCE works smoothly "under the hood" leaving the user just the joy to play and to build his expressive legato phrases.
Pitch Wheel Control
Moreover, the instrument features dynamic articulations like accented and crescendo attacks and glissando/legato articulations, dynamically controlled by the Pitch Wheel. This allows to craft beautiful musical phrases with a smooth beginning and a faded ending or abrupt accented notes with slurred passages along the way. The versatility of the DCE engine handles smoothly all these techniques.
- 6862 samples.
- 6.5 GB ncw compressed sample pool (11 GB original sample size).
- 3 mic positions.
- 3.5 octaves note range.
- Vibrato, non-vibrato + synthesized vibrato.
- Staccato, Spiccato, Pizzicato articulations with 4 Round Robins.
- DCE Engine to blend the dynamics.
- 4 dynamic layers for sustained articulations.
- Pitch-Wheel controlled sub articulations like crescendo, accented attack.
- Two true-legato articulations: fingered legato and glissando.
- Humanized tuning.
- Automatic legato speed based on the analysis of your performance.
- 17 Impulse Reverbs.
- Animated GUI with many configurable parameters.
- Ready-to-play presets.
Introductory pricing available till May 31st: 99 € / 109 $ instead of 119 € / 129 $.