Waves Audio is now shipping the Waves H-Reverb plugin, a reverb based on algorithmic FIR (Finite Impulse Response) reverberation technology, providing rich, deep reverb tails that "sit beautifully in the mix while breathing crisp air into your tracks".
The FIR engine that powers H-Reverb lets you shape and customize the reverb decay envelope beyond the standard linear forms, resulting in perfectly gated, real reverse, and dense reverb tails that don't muddy up the mix. Taking things one step further, H-Reverb incorporates Waves' advanced analog modeling along with a drive control, offering signal behavior that until now was found exclusively in high-end hardware reverb devices. This unique design also enables input drive, a technique favored by many top engineers.
To top it off, H-Reverb includes a library of artist presets from the industry's leading mixing engineers (including Toni Maserati, Brad Divens, Daniel Green, Dave Darlington, Dave Stagl, James Ebdon, Ken "Pooch" Van Druten, Kevin Madigan, Pete Keppler, Ross Hogarth and Yoad Nevo, to name just a few). Their personal settings may be the perfect space you're looking for, or simply the perfect point to start from.
Additional features include:
- Impulse-variable resonant filtering for creating unfamiliar and advanced reverb effects.
- EQ and dynamics module for compression, ducking and de-essing.
- ADA analog modeling and drive control for input clipping.
- Full buildup timing and shaping.
- Pre-delay BPM sync.
- Artist presets from the industry's leading mixing engineers.
- Support for full 5.1-channel surround setups.
Price: Regular $349; Intro: $199.
Changes in Waves V9r27 installers:
- The new H-Reverb available separately as well as in Mercury, Pro Show and SD7 Pro Show.
- Butch Vig Vocals now SoundGrid-compatible.
- Butch Vig Vocals: In/Out VU meters now properly represent L & R channels.
- Butch Vig Vocals: Fixed crash in a session with some 3rd party plugins.
- dbx 160: Closing the plugin GUI and reopening it no longer causes the preset name to change to "Preset A".
- dbx 160: Added support for AVID S3 and S6 control surfaces.
- dbx 160: Fixed hum noise frequency in stereo component to 50Hz instead of 100Hz.
- GTR ToolRack: Added external meters when inserted into StudioRack.
- GTR Solo now excluded from SoundGrid hosts.
- InPhase now added to SoundGrid hosts.
- IR-1, IR-L, IR360, IR-Live: Importing an IR from a long path now properly saved in the session.
- Manny Marroquin Plugins: Fixed a possible crash of the SoundGrid server.
- MetaFilter: Step Count no longer missing from the Automation List in Pro Tools and Smooth no longer appears twice.
- Renaissance Bass: Added external meters when inserted into StudioRack mono.
- Vitamin: Fixed missing right channel external meter when inserted into StudioRack.
- X-Crackle: Fixed processing at 96kHz.
- VST2.4: Added support for real-world values in automation lanes.
- Fixed various possible crashes and graphical problems in plugins with resizable GUIs.
- Fixed a problem where WaveShell-AAX may fail to load and is declared as an invalid AAX plugin.
- Fixed an issue where on Mac Yosemite the 'Save Preset' window will remain open after clicking OK.