FSynth/Fragment has released version 1.0 of the Fragment synthesizer, a free pixels-based granular, additive, spectral audiovisual synthesizer.
Fragment is a collaborative cross-platform audio-visual live coding environment with pixels based real-time image-synth approach to sound synthesis. The sound synthesis is powered by pixels data produced on the graphics card by live GLSL code.
Fragment is able to produce high-quality fast additive and granular synthesis simultaneously with re-synthesis support, it has many features making it easy to produce any kind of sounds or visuals and is aimed at artists and sound designers seeking a creative environment with few limitations to experiment with - a programmable noise-of-all-kinds software.
Fragment is also able to produce live visuals from videos, images, webcam, etc. import or algorithmically generated.
- Additive, spectral, granular synthesizer with re-synthesis support.
- Pixels based image-synth approach.
- Collaborative audio-visual live coding environment, real-time approach.
- Stereophonic or monaural.
- 32-bit images processing.
- Multi channels.
- Import (webcam, images, videos with audio analysis, audio files analysis, drawing over textures...).
- MIDI in.
- OSC in/out.
- Spectral recording.
- Distributed sound synthesis, multi-machines/multi-core support.