i3 has announced that version 4.0 of DSP-Quattro, the powerful Audio Editor for Mac OS X, is now available for the download.
This major new version introduces a lot of important new features and improvements. There is a new graphic Cut Editor which offers the maximum flexibility doing click-free cut&paste of audio waveforms, allowing you to draw x-fades curves by yourself. There is a built-in de-clicker tool for audio restoration, side by side with a new pencil tool to re-draw waveforms by hand, and also a very useful gain tool to manually lower transients by a real-time graphic control. Moreover, new High Quality Time Stretching and Frequency Shifting algorithms are built-in in version 4, there is a new graphic editor for Fade-In/Outs, up to 4 Aux busses to address outputs, user configurable key commands, unlimited number of effx slots to insert plug-ins, a new internal 'plug-in' module to address external audio hardware for external audio processing... and much more.
DSP-Quattro 4.0 is now available for €75 / $99. Owners of DSP-Quattro version 2.x or 3.x can upgrade to DSP-Quattro version 4.x for €15 / $19. If you purchased a 3.x license after the 1st of March 2012, please contact i3 support, the upgrade to version 4 is for free.
What is new in version 4?
- New Customizable KeyCommands.
- New Peak+RMS Meters.
- New Drag&Drop features also to copy&paste audio waveforms between audio editors.
- New CDDA time units.
- New Effx Slot management.
- New audio file menu.
- New multiple Aux output busses.
- New 32 bits HQ Graphic Level Waveform Display.
- New Master BPM MIDI clock to synchronize Effect and Instrument plug-ins.
- New Declicker.
- New Pencil Tool.
- New Gain Tool.
- New Cut&Paste graphic editor.
- New Graphic editor for Fade IN/OUT.
- New Auto-Blend option.
- New HQ TimeStretching Algorithm by HQ Spectral Re-synthesizer.
- New HQ FrequencyShifter Algorithm by HQ Spectral Re-synthesizer.
- New Option for Grouping/Ungrouping Audio File Editor Windows.
- New AU cocoa GUI support.
- New External I/O device send/return internal plug-in module, to address external hardware as "plug-in".
- New AU preset management.
PlayList (now AudioCD layout):
- New Generic Markers support also on the PlayList.
- New Replace command on PlayList to replace an existing region audio file with another one.
- New Normalize commands on PlayList to normalize one region only, all regions one by one, or the PlayList.
- New Extend mode for XFades between PlayList audio regions (keep option+shift pressed).
- New capability to drag&shift PlayList audio region without shifting all the rest (keep option key pressed).
- New Equal Power XFade mode, when setting Xfade curves between audio regions in auto mode (keep the shift key pressed).
- New DDP import.
- New Export of CD-Tracks as separated audio files.
- New ENV Cntrl point visual management.
... and much more inside.