A new beta version of KarmaFX Synth Modular is now available (v0.95), plus the KarmaFX Plugin Pack has been updated to v1.9.
KarmaFX Synth Modular v0.95 BETA changes:
- Added multi-sample support to sampler with simple Soundfont/SF2 import.
Replaced scale knob in Sampler with sample index knob for selecting (multi)-samples + Added sustain support with draggable start and end position-markers. + Added key/velocity range editor for changing sample ranges and root-key. + Added "sample trigger" led that auto-triggers sample when sample index changes.
- To avoid overflow and/or machine crash or speaker damage, modules now detect very high volume-levels and self-disable with an "overflow!" warning.
- Rewrote the Chorus, added feedback filter, and reworked its interface, so it's possible to crank out thick chorus as well as flanger style effects.
- Added two-channel stereo Mixer to the Amplifier section.
- Added "Panorama" option to Amplifier, that samples the current pan- position on key trigger.
- Added keyboard tracking to Comb and Allpass filters, and increased their frequency range, so they can be used for physical modeling.
- Increased max number of automation controls from 32 to 128. However, still only the first 32 are accessible from the control panel.
- Added simple (delay-based) pitchshift module to Effects.
- Improved Sampler's ramping between samples when changing position/sample.
- Changing loop mode in sampler now instantly changes play direction.
- GUI: Increased size of Step and Envelope modules.
- GUI: To avoid ghost trails modules are forced to update on window redraw.
- GUI: Added "Clone" and "Replace" options to right click on module menu.
- GUI: Added "Bank Select" submenu to right click on background menu.
- GUI: Added option to create a "New Bank" to right click menu.
- GUI: Added "Antiphase" and "Negative feedback" options to Phaser.
- GUI: Reordered right-click menu on definable knobs in controls panel.
- GUI: Added "Shuffle" and "Flip" buttons to step sequencer.
- GUI: Better zooming in Sampler by dragging mouse up/down in sample-display.
- GUI: Added "ramp" option to Sampler that toggles sample ramping/crossfade.
- GUI: Sample browse up/down buttons now browse multi samples. To do disk sample browsing press and hold shift, then click on the arrows.
- GUI: Reorder New Patch/Store Patch in right-click menu for consistency.
- GUI: Added Show/Hide Modulation options to right click option menu.
- GUI: Added Rename option to right-click menu in sampler's sample-display.
- GUI: Added simple sample selection (shift+drag) and Cut, Crop, Silence, Fade In/Out and Reverse functionality to sampler's sample-displays right-click menu.
- Bugfix: Freq snap didn't work correctly in 4 and 8 octave mode. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Infinite loop check caused crash when changing input from menu .Fixed.
- Bugfix: A sometimes hanging position marker in GUI was fixed.
- Bugfix: Delay's Pingpong knob was inverted. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Zolzer lowpass would sometimes not work after disabling module. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Possibly removed Windows ME memleak in Step and EQ31 modules(?).
- Bugfix: ADSR Decay and Release was too long in Exp mode. Fixed.
- Bugfix: Allpass filter zipper-noise bugfix.
- Bugfix: Fixed patch corruption when using more than 256 char description.
- Bugfix: Recoded Zolzer's bandpass and notch filters.
- Bugfix: Cutting a connection wire could make the synth crash! Fixed.
- Bugfix: A minor midi trigger/detrigger polyphonic bug fixed.
- Bugfix: Effect/Controller were incorrectly ordered in New Sampler-Template.
- Bugfix: Synth could crash when receiving too many simultaneous notes in mono mode.
- Added extra skin. (Thanks Synchro!)
- Reordered patches in categorized banks. There is now a Bass bank, a Drum bank a Lead bank, a Pad bank, and a SFX bank.
- Made a few new patches, and added a bunch kindly contributed by friendly users.
- Synth has been put in its own installer, to make room for patches, skins etc.
KarmaFX Plugin Pack 1.9 changes
KarmaFX Filter v1.1e, KarmaFX Deelay v1.1e, KarmaFX Equalizer v1.1b:
- Added more preset slots.
KarmaFX Reverb v1.1:
- Added more presets + Added more user preset slots.
- Display wasn't updated with reverb type on preset load. Fixed.
- Fixed memory leak.