With the KVR Developer Challenge 2018 at the download and voting stage it's time to focus on each of the 26 entries that are available now, for free, for everyone.
MPS – short for "Musical Parameter Synthesizer" – is a software synthesizer plug-in for Microsoft Windows (VST) and Apple macOS (VST/AU). It is written in native C++ code for high performance and low CPU consumption. The main features are:
- Unconventional sound creation approach.
- Fast & easy editing using just a few "musical" parameters.
- Straightforward user interface.
- 64 voices polyphony.
- MIDI Learn ‒ all parameters can be controlled by MIDI CC.
- Double precision audio processing.
- Plug-in supports Windows and macOS (32-bit and 64-bit).
The aim of MPS is to create sounds fast and easy using a small intuitive set of
parameters without bothering about the technical details.
MPS is the collaborative work of Wolfgang Kraus @www.wkreativ.at (idea+GUI concept) and Björn aka Full Bucket (DSP+GUI+patch programming). Read more about the background of this project in the user manual.
Here's a demo song by Wolfgang: SoundCloud.com/user-935392739/mypleasingsong
Download, vote & donate at www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer-challenge/2018
If you haven't read it already, you should check out the KVRDC16 winner's story: Winning the KVR Developer Challenge: An interview with Julijan Nikolic (Youlean)