Madrona Labs has announced that Version 1.6 of Aalto, the patchable, semi-modular synthesizer, is now available for Mac OS X and Windows. This version contains many improvements for stability, efficiency and host compatibility.
New in Aalto version 1.6:
- both AU and VST versions now use .mlpreset files in new JSON format.
- added preset converter to convert all old presets to new format.
- presets directory moved to ~/Music/Madrona Labs.
- improved speed of preset loading.
- fixed a problem with keyboard stealing in 64-bit VST.
- now saving window size state properly in compatible DAWs.
- fixed an issue with the oscillator and extreme pitch modulation.
- added OSC enable / disable and port offset (Mac OS).
- sequencer now quantizes to currently selected musical scale.
- fix parameter loading when no DSP is active in application (for Max/MSP and Vienna Instruments).
- fixed problem with sequencer retrig.
- fixed defaults for envelope trigger and x vel.
- added defaults to make MIDI patches more compatible with Soundplane / t3d.
- added clearer display of multiple channels in scope dials.
- fixed a bug affecting MIDI timing.
- added multi-channel MIDI receive for voice-per-channel operation with Soundplane / t3d.
- fixed an issue affecting Save as... on some systems.
- improved graphics performance.
- fixed a problem that prevented MIDI program changes on some systems.
- fixed bug when no MIDI Programs folder was present.
- Scala keyboard mapping files (.kbm) now loaded if present in scales directory with same name as scale.
- improved UI response for dials with only a few values.
- on Save as... outside normal patch directory, warn then allow anyway.
- fix an issue loading patches if the home directory was renamed (Mac OS).
- fixed a bug where a program change could cause t3d to stop receiving.
- added environment menu that contains editor and OSC settings.
- added "reset editor size" option in settings.
A full Aalto license for both Mac and Windows is $99. The Aalto 1.6 update is free for existing Aalto customers. A demo version is also available free of charge. The demo plays a gentle reminder sound every so often, does not allow saving and is not time-limited.
Find out more at www.madronalabs.com