MakeMusic released Finale 25 back in August, which included 64-bit support, additional Garritan sounds, transposed instrument entry, ReWire compatibility, significant streamlining, and more.
Finale 25 has now been updated to 25.1, part of their continuous development and release initiative. MakeMusic plan to share bug fixes and features more frequently – often as soon as they are ready – rather than saving them up for a single larger release. Moving forward, they plan to provide similar feature-rich releases in the coming months.
Among Finale 25.1's highlights are:
- Enhanced ReWire Support (Finale's tempo can now drive the ReWire host).
- Official support for macOS Sierra (10.12).
- Updated Windows toolbars, palettes, and dialog boxes for use with high-resolution screens (aka Hi-DPI, including 4K monitors).
- Additional new features, including lyric hyphen character definition, true black printing, transparency support in graphics, and more.
- Many bug fixes and refinements to v25.