MakeMusic has updated Finale to v25.2, the second free-of-charge update for all owners of Finale version 25.
Among the improvements are:
- Keep Octave Transposition in Concert Pitch has been added to the Document menu. This will allow C instruments that transpose by octave to maintain their transposition when Document > Display in Concert Pitch is selected.
- A Measure Number Bar now appears along the top of the screen in Scroll and Studio View.
- Use current document if empty has been added to the MusicXML Preferences dialog box. Wonder what that does? I did too. In the past, when importing a MusicXML file, the import process would place your MusicXML data into a new document. The new file would have the same spacing, fonts, margin widths, etc. as your default file. This new option allows you to open any empty file (like a template) and import the MusicXML data into that file.
- Two new templates, Marching Band Tabloid and Studio Orchestra, have been added. Updates have also been made to the Drum Corps and Marching Band Letter templates. The Studio Orchestra template creates the look of a Hollywood film score, and was used to create the example seen above.
- Horizontal Scrolling has been enabled with trackpads (Windows only).
- New options in the Audio Setup dialog box (an Enabled check box and a Device Error Log button) allow users to enable or disable audio drivers and review any errors associated with those drivers (Windows only).
- Several bug fixes and refinements are also included.
All the details, along with Mac and Windows "Read Me" files, are in the Help Center.