MathAudio updates Room EQ VST and Room EQ plug-in for Foobar2000 to v2.4.3
MathAudio has updated its Room EQ VST and Room EQ for Foobar2000 plug-ins to version 2.4.3.
Room EQ for Foobar2000 is a free plug-in which was released two weeks ago. It includes all features of Room EQ VST.
The new version includes the following features:
- Corrects deficiencies of room acoustics (multipoint compensation).
- Corrects acoustic imperfections of speakers.
- Avoids the pre-echo (pre-ringing) problem of conventional FIR-based room correction systems. The absence of pre-echo ensures the neutrality of the sound.
- Corrects both amplitude and phase components of frequency response.
- Quells resonance peaks of frequency response while leaving the deep notches. Avoids the overcompensation which happens in conventional linearizing room correction systems.
- Manually adjustable level of compensation allows one to reach the maximum transparency of the sound.
- Supports full range of sample rates from 44,056 kHz up to 352,8 kHz.
- Includes a custom target curve feature.
- Applies 64-bit signal path throughout.
- Works with USB measurement microphones (e.g. MiniDSP UMIK-1) or standard measurement microphones (e.g. NADY CM100 or Dayton Audio EMM-6).
- Supports microphone calibration files.
- Applies a patented method of frequency response correction.