Here's what they say:
Fender-style clean sound, roaring crunch and lead tones - it's all there. The project is officially approved and supported by AMT Electronics, who supplied Mercuriall with electric circuits, hardware prototypes and production 3D models. It opened a possibility to model the SS-11X in extreme detail, making it virtually impossible to distinguish the sound difference between hardware or software.
One of the aims of this project was to create a very simple and affordable software with a friendly and attractive user interface, as well as lower system requirements. Even though the main objective was modeling the preamp, Mercuriall included some other important features. The SS-11X has a noise gate, a collection of overdrive pedals, cabinet IR loader, reverb IR loader and an option to choose the preamp tubes. This lets anyone create a solid guitar sound quickly and effortlessly within one simple window.
SS-11X opens a new chapter in the history of Mercuriall Audio - it is the first product where the brand new in-house technology named Neural Hybrid Engine is used. It is a much more precise, flexible and faster method for modeling electric circuits. As pioneers of integrating neural networks in amp sims, it took Mercuriall 5 years of research and development to create the Neural Hybrid Engine and successfully build SS-11X using it. A tube curve tracer machine was also used to make sure each tube model is unique, just as in real life.
Supported platforms and formats:
- Mac: VST2 x64, VST3 x64, AU x64, AAX x64 (Pro Tools 11 and newer).
- PC: VST2 x64, VST3 x64, AAX x64 (Pro Tools 11 and newer).
Minimal system requirements:
- Intel or AMD with SSE2 support, 2 cores and 4 threads, 2.4 GHz.
- Full, official modeling of AMT SS-11A and SS-11B tube preamps.
- Tubes: 12AX7, 6N2P-EV.
Pedals and FX section:
- Noise Gate.
- Overdrive based on Ibanez TS-808.
- Overdrive based on Ibanez TS-808 Lower Drive Mod.
- Overdrive based on Ibanez TS-7 Hot.
- Overdrive based on Ibanez TS-7 Mod.
- Overdrive based MESA/BOOGIE Grid Slammer.
- Overdrive based on Boss Super Overdrive.
- Built-in cabinet IRs.
- IR loader for guitar cabinets.
- Built in reverb IRs.
- IR loader for reverb.
- Quality (oversampling): no, x2, x4, x8.
- Sample rate: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96.
- Stereo/Mono processing.
- Full price - $39.99.
- Special price for new customers for the first 48 hours after release - $35.99.
- Price for existing Mercuriall customers - $29.99.