Hardware accelerated drawing via graphics processing unit and OpenGL also relieve the processor and allow for smooth 60 frames per second visualizations.
All wavetable effects are now drawn in real-time, visualizing the parameter changes in the display, making it easier to understand how the waveform is processed.
There are thirteen new wavetable effect models included - Asymmetric Clip, Sync Add, Formant Shift, Bend Side/Mid/Double/Mirror and Phase Overlap 2x/3x.
What's New? YouTube.com/watch?v=mXSsR1geZmo
Here is the complete change log.
- Resizeable GUI.
- GUI 'Themes' are now switchable via options menu.
- Draggable GUI resizer in the bottom right corner.
- Graphics rendering via OpenGL (CPU is still available via options).
- Pitch and modulation wheels on master page.
- Stereo balance for mixer and send channels.
- Individual oscillators can now enable skip of filter and insert.
- Key ranges are now move- and re-sizeable via mouse wheel.
- Quick Modifier for Pitch, Mix-Voice, Mix-Delay and Mix-Reverb on master page.
- Side-chain position marker and preview.
- Holding shift when setting sequence steps now locks the selected shape.
- New types Formant A & B for filter module.
- New oscillator insert effects: Asymmetric Clip.
- New oscillator insert effects: Sync Add & Formant Shift.
- New oscillator insert effects: Bend Side/Mid/Double/Mirror.
- New oscillator insert effects: Overlap 2x/3x.
- Layer context menu can now reset all macros.
- Modulator context menu now contains a reset function.
- Oscillator display now previews wavetable insert effects in real-time.
- Oscillator display now shows random range, position, phase and loop marker.
- LFO and Sequences can now use re-trigger modes 'First Note' and 'First Input'.
- Velocity meter plus note value in headline.
- Previous and next buttons for modulator and effect presets.
- Added various copy & paste context menus for text fields.
- Application options menu is now available by clicking the RAPID logo.
- Mix modules uses gain parameter from insert plus balance per voice.
- Mix module can reorder the processing of filter and insert.
- Reduced key range minimum to one. Double click to reset to a default range.
- Adding a modulation via drag and drop now uses a default routing amount greater than zero.
- When loading another preset the current layer now stays selected.
- If the voicing count is set to 1, mono legato now uses a monophonic mode and re-triggers envelopes.
- Voicing wave-scope is turned off if scale is set to zero.
- Popup Menu for BPM Sync times (normal, triplet, dotted) now uses three columns.
- Envelope position marker now also previews delay time phase.
- LFO waveform now displays the actual output value as marker with circle head.
- LFO waveform now uses a different fill method when in bipolar mode.
- LFO waveform now displays the actual random values for hold and glide mode.
- Sequences now display a time phase marker at rates below 8Hz.
- Preset browser now shows ellipses if the text is too long to display.
- Increased arpeggiator octaves control mouse drag sensibility.
- Reduced phase artifacts in oscillator insert under certain conditions.
- Sample playback preview is now displayed relative to pitch.
- Invalid or zero loop ranges now correctly play one-shots instead of silent loops.
- Increased comb filter accuracy at high frequencies.
- Copy & Paste in context menu for most parameters.
MIDI Learn is now available for almost all external parameters.
- Multi-Sample preview is only rendered when displayed, increasing preset loading times.
- Pre-Render of multi-sample previews is now multi-threaded.
- Reduced unnecessary re-draws of running arpeggiator patterns.
- Reduced re-draw performance of wave-scope buffers.
- Removed modulator preview value run-time allocations.
- Removed legato voice nodes run-time allocations.
- Speedup voice buffer mixing process.