MIDIKarval has released B4 Controller, a VST MIDI processor you can put in your host between the MIDI input and the Native Instruments B4 II (or the B4 previous version) VSTi. It transforms the Control Change messages or the Note-On messages from your MIDI keyboard, allowing:
- The use of the "bank rotary switch" for choosing one of the B4 ten presets banks.
- The use of one or two octaves of your MIDI keyboard for selecting the upper (or also the lower) manual "inverted keys" and selecting one of the twelve presets of each bank.
- The use of the sliders/knobs of your MIDI keyboard for moving not only the upper manual drawbars, but also the lower and the pedal manuals drawbars.
- Playing, without changing the transmitting MIDI channel, the pedal manual.
- "coupling" the upper and the lower manuals, so that you can play them at the same time, using only one hand and transposing, if you want, the lower manual one octave below the upper manual.
- To save and load different settings (programs).
B4 Controller functions as a VST effect plug-in on Windows and costs €20 / €25 (Standard and Personal editions). A demo version is available.