Monkey Tools releases Library Monkey Pro 2.0 and Sound Grinder Pro 2.0
Monkey Tools has announced the release of versions 2.0 of Library Monkey Pro and Sound Grinder Pro.
Changes in both applications:
- Added POW-r Wordlength Reduction Types 1, 2, and 3 dithering.
- Added full support for MP3 HD files. Learn about mp3 HD.
- Added functionality to analyze assets in the background to auto-fill Peak and RMS metadata.
- Added the ability to import Sonic Solutions files with metadata to provide playback and conversion to other file formats.
- Artwork in media files is now handled by loading the artwork as needed instead of loading during import. As a result, the "Import Embedded Artwork" Preference has been removed.
- Added support for capturing crashes in order to collect user feedback and upload to Monkey Tools.
- Added Open Recent Session menu to provide quick access to recent Sessions.
- Added functionality to read and write Markers through WAVE file cue points.
- Added support for disabling the Channel Mask when creating WAVE files Added a WAVE file setting called "Include Channel Mask" that defaults to off that will make multi-channel files more compatible with Pro Tools.
- Added Preference to disallow spaces in output filenames.
- Added the option to use the filename without extension as a source to a metadata field in the Metadata Tab.
- Improved Monkey Tools Trim Plugin: Added the option to limit assets to a maximum time on export. -Added ability to select to trim just the beginning or just the ending of the audio.
- Fixed an issue where default settings would not be restored properly and would cause incorrect files to be created.
- Fixed an issue where converting from FLAC => FLAC and changing the sample rate would result in incorrect output files.
- Fixed an issue with "Copy from Selection" in the Metadata tab where the application could crash.
- Fixed an issue where processing through AU plugins would always display an error.
- Fixed an issue when reading ID3v2.4 tags where the size of individual metadata was not being calculated correctly for large metadata.
- Fixed an issue where using the FhG Surround encoder could cause the application to hang.
- Fixed an issue where a crash could occur if an Empty folder was selected for import.
- This version contains several other fixes and enhancements providing greater stability and efficiency.
Additional changes in Library Monkey Pro 2.0:
- Added support to import the iTunes XML Database directly including all Tracks, Metadata, and Playlists.
- Added functionality to allow for the pruning of missing files as well as removal of any asset from any library.
- Added a metadata item "Asset Added Date" to indicate the date and time an asset was added to the Database.
- Added Soundminer to file and iTunes Library to file metadata mappings.
- Fixed an issue where a crash could occur in the Database when an asset was updated in a Convert Session.
- Fixed some issues where the search engine was not properly handling the search scope and search terms.