Plugin Alliance has announced the release of new versions of two saturators from Unfiltered Audio, offering new features that make them more powerful than ever before:
- Dent 2 is a waveshaping toolkit that allows you to squeeze, split and obliterate sounds at the wavecycle level.
- Indent 2 is its slimmed-down counterpart that can saturate and soothe to your ear's content.
Both feature Unfiltered Audio's unique modulation system that allows you to intuitively control parameters and other modulators in real-time, producing anything from subtle motion to total sonic mayhem.
Dent 2 and Indent 2 both benefit from several key upgrades since v1, including two new modulators added to the modulation section (Step sequencer and ROLI Lightpad); six new saturation modes; new Complex Mode (gives Dent 2 users the option to apply a different saturation algorithm to each of the three clipping stages); multimode filter; AGC (Automatic Gain Compensation); and OpenGL toggle switch.
Among Unfiltered Audio Dent 2's features:
- Presets from The Crystal Method, Mirrorball Entertainment, Julius Dobos, and Toby Pitman (Air Studios).
- Six distinctive bitcrushing algorithms (including a circuit-bent toy simulation.).
- Randomize Preset feature—surprise and amaze yourself with sonic madness.
- Ten clippers: Hard/Soft Clip, Wavefold, Overfold, Harsh Fold, Distortion, Tube, Tape, Gloubi, & Cubic.
- Complex Mode gives users the option to apply a different saturation algorithm to each of the three clipping stages.
Among Unfiltered Audio Indent 2's features:
- Great for familiar guitar pedal-style effects and unusual sounds that surprise and provoke.
- Simple controls and intuitive visual interface help you saturate or mutilate tracks quickly and easily.
- Choose two of ten clipping algorithms — Hard Clip, Soft Clip, Wavefold, Overfold, Harsh Fold, Distortion, Tube, Tape, Gloubi, and Cubic —independently for Indent's input and output stages.
- Unfiltered Audio's flagship modulation system provides eight freely assignable and fully automatable modulators (sine LFO, sawtooth/triangle LFO, square-wave LFO, input follower, sample-and-hold noise, macro control, step sequencer, and ROLI Lightpad), with drag-and-drop virtual patching to every control knob.
- Analog-style multi-mode filter with continuously variable resonance control.
Dent 2 and Indent 2 are available for purchase as AAX Native-, AU-, VST2-, and VST3-supporting plugins for Mac OS X (10.8 through 10.12), Windows (7 through 10), and Pro Tools 10.3.10 (or higher) exclusively from Plugin Alliance for $99.00 and $49.00, respectively. Owners of Dent can upgrade to Dent 2 for free at any time, while a time-limited promo offer allows owners of Indent to upgrade to Dent 2 for $29.00 until September 30, 2017; either way, customers upgrading to/purchasing Dent 2 will receive Indent 2 for free.
Make Your Track Stand Out With Dent 2 and Indent 2: YouTube.com/watch?v=GfpTkUlF0gA